Pregnant after 35

44 years, 23+ weeks, first post

I hate to admit, but I've been lurking since 6 weeks....  I still can't believe I'm pregnant!  I've seen him, and I feel him, but its unreal.  My oldest is 24, and this will be #6.  The next in line is our DD at almost 6.  We were told years ago when we tried to conceive a partner for DD that it was pretty much impossible, so we unsuccessfully did IVF, and then we just had to face reality that what we had was good enough (DH has only our DD).  We sold our big home last Dec and purchased a smaller home.  We held an estate sale and sold everything that didn't fit in our new home.  We started dieting and running, prepping for the Marine Corp Marathon in October.  I noticed my cycle wasn't cycling, but really thought it was menopause!  I joked about being pregnant, but never believed that it could actually be true?!  Wow!  We expect our LO (tentatively, Max) the middle week in October.   Thanks for letting me come into the party :)

Re: 44 years, 23+ weeks, first post

• Wow, what a great surprise! Congratulations.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congratulation!!   Its nice to see someone mature enough to have kids on here.  I see too many young 35 and 36 year olds who think that they are mature enough to have kids on here.  (just kidding folks!!)  Congratulations once again.

dad2be

• Loading the player...
  • That's wonderful! Congrats! A happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy to you! 
  • that's a great story!  my DH is 45, (i'm 37) and this is his first! i have an 8 year old.  i thought there was a big difference with age range but wow 24 years!  that child is going to be so lucky and spoiled by its siblings! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great story...thanks for sharing and welcome!
  • Congratulations and Welcome to the Board!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome!!! Glad you stopped lurking ; )  I'm 40 and also 23 weeks, due October 18th. Im on bedrest tho, but doing alright so far.

My kids are 21 and 19 so I have the age gap as well.  It's my fiancee's first and he is 30, so we are really excited!

Did you have CVS testing as well? That's how I found out we are having a boy!

Stay in touch!

• Wow, what a miracle baby! Congratulations and welcome!
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Thanks, everyone for the messages :)

With regard to CVS, I didn't do it - but had the amnio done when they found the soft markers earlier this month.  The US and amnio confirmed a boy, but funny enough, so did Intelligender!  Everyone laughed, but it was right!  

I'm sorry to hear about bed rest so early!...I feel really lucky to be doing very well with this one - last pg (#5) I had sciatic nerve problems, heart palpitations, back issues (oh, they did find a roll of gauze that was left inside me from a previous surgery, lol), and with #4 I had a circlage and delivered full term, as #2 and #3 were weeks early.  #1 was simply too big to deliver, but they yanked him out anyway in the end.  *sigh*  Isn't this fun!  For those of us with older children, it is even more a blessing to be able to SHOW them all of the "fun" stuff about pregnancy (like platypus feet)!  Such an inspiration for teenagers to maybe let it wait just a bit longer?!?

Thanks again, and may the following days be full of kicks!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sometimes when we least expect it.....congratulations!
  • Congratulations!  I'm 42 yrs. old and 15 weeks pregnant.  This is also my first post. This is our first child together.  We each have 2 kids from previous marriages. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"