Special Needs
Options

f/u to last week RE: my low tone/club foot kid

I posted last week about how my dd's pt thinks she has low tone. She was telling me about hip huggers  that would prevent her from W/frog sitting and avoiding crawling.

We had PT this morning and the PT forgot the hip huggers, but thats ok because as of yesterday DD is a crawler!!!  She would only go a few feet yestrerday, but during PT today she crawled to me from across the room.

Just wanted to share and say that you never know what suprising things are right around the corner with kids! Last week thought crawling was still a month or so away!

We are still having the constapation issues, but we hope that now that she's moving it will help.

Re: f/u to last week RE: my low tone/club foot kid

• Options

Yay for crawling!! I can't wait for my little man to do that!

As for the constipation, I don't know if I mentioned this before, but my GI doc recommended Miralax. We put 1 tsp. in his formula once or twice a day when needed. It has no side effects and just makes him go within 24 hours of giving it to him. It has been a lifesaver!  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemskolman:

Yay for crawling!! I can't wait for my little man to do that!

As for the constipation, I don't know if I mentioned this before, but my GI doc recommended Miralax. We put 1 tsp. in his formula once or twice a day when needed. It has no side effects and just makes him go within 24 hours of giving it to him. It has been a lifesaver!  

Did you start out w/ 1 tsp? Someone else told me to start with 1/4 tsp. I haven't tried it yet, but in a week or so if the crawling doesn't help I'm going to try it. DD is ebf, so it'll be interesting getting her to take it. I guess I could put it in her food(?).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I missed the OP, but great news!
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options
    very cool
  • Options

Awesome!

Have you tried nectars? Pear nectar always worked wonders for M if she was constipated. The pedi also always told me 1tbs of brown sugar dissolved in 4-6oz of water would help. 

• Options

I actually started out with a 1/2 tsp., but went to 1 tsp. if he still didn't go. It honestly has no smell, color or taste, so I think putting it her food would be absolutely fine. You might just want to make sure it dissolves so that it is not gritty. 

Good luck!  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That's super news! Congrats.

Jack is on 1/2 oz prune juice mixed with 1/2 oz water each day. It's really helped his constipation ! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"