1st Trimester

How much weight have you gained so far?

I know this will vary greatly but I'm curious.

I'm 10 wks - gained about 6 lbs so far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much weight have you gained so far?

• I don't think I've gained any at 8 weeks. I'm too nauseated to really eat much. I'm sure I'll make up for it in the 2nd tri like I always do though:)
  • Nothing yet at over 7 weeks.  I haven't had m/s too bad, but i'm just not that hungry so I'm probably eating less than I normally would.  That and no more alcoholic beverages has really taken down my calorie count!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have gained about 1 lb, and that's been within the last week.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • I've gained about 1/2 lb so far. It went to my hips.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At 10 weeks nothing, in fact I've lost some weight. I haven't had any m/s but my appetite has changed. I can only eat small meals & get full so quickly.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think maybe a 1/2 pound..I haven't felt like eating much and I am getting over having bronchitis so again the appetite has not really been there
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nothing yet. I didn't gain anything really until 3rd tri. I think when I started 3rd tri I was up maybe 3lbs, and ended up gaining 27lbs in 3rd tri and had a 10lb baby. It will be interesting to see if my weight gain follows the same pattern this time as it did last time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At 6 weeks, I've been trying to gain because the doctor wants me to gain a little more than average due to being underweight, but I am unable. I was up a few pounds but I think it was just bloating. I'm back down around my normal weight at this point.
    Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • At 8 weeks, I've lost 10 lbs.  I've been so sick, it's hard to keep anything down!
  • I've lost about 6 lbs so far.  I've not been sick, just not hungry and nothing sounds good.  I'm forcing down 2000 calories a day.
  • I am at 12.5 weeks and I have gained 4 pounds.  My stomach and hips looks much bigger.  I didn't have m/s and have been hungry all of the time!
    imageimage
  • I've gained about 4 pounds so far. I had gained 1 pound at 8 weeks, and the other 3 came over the last two weeks.  
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • At 9 weeks, I've gained maybe a pound. I've had a good 3 or 4 weeks of constant nausea, so I'm not eating as much as I did pre-pregnancy.
  • I've gained about 2 pounds at almost 13 weeks.  Like PP said, I'm just usually too nauseous to eat much.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm still down 9lbs due to m/s
  • Nothing at 6 weeks. I have no m/s and am hungry all the time so I have no idea how I've stayed at the same weight. I have not felt like working out either so I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.
  • imagelayersofmeaning:
    ... in fact I've lost some weight. I haven't had any m/s but my appetite has changed. I can only eat small meals & get full so quickly.

This. I'm almost 8 weeks and have lost 8 pounds. I totally credit it to being a little overweight and the pounds melting off a little bit because my eating habits have changed so dramatically.

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • Um.  None.  I'll start gaining around 18-20 weeks.
  • imagejolynn326:

imagelayersofmeaning:
    ... in fact I've lost some weight. I haven't had any m/s but my appetite has changed. I can only eat small meals & get full so quickly.

This. I'm almost 8 weeks and have lost 8 pounds. I totally credit it to being a little overweight and the pounds melting off a little bit because my eating habits have changed so dramatically.

And did you know HCG is actually a stimulant?  There is a new fad diet which consists of injecting HCG and eating drastically less than normal.

• I was up 8 lbs at my 9w appt, but that was fully clothed with shoes on, so I don't really believe it. Yesterday I was just up 4 lbs from my 4w weight.

• 0 lbs at 13 weeks. My appetite is just weird.
  • Wow - I feel like I've gained a lot compared to you ladies!
  • I have lost 6 pounds so far at 10 weeks.
  • None, probably because I'm craving healthy food and holding a 7 month old all day.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I had my appointment yesterday and I am 11 weeks. I have gained 1 pound!!
  • I've gained 7 pounds at 7 weeks.  With my other 2 pregnancies I gained a pound a week.  I was 135 and 5'6" to begin with.
    Mom to G 10.23.06, H 9.04.08 and a baby in heaven 10.07.10 (23w due to chromosome deletion)
  • I will be 7 weeks tomorrow, and I am down 9lbs so far. I get sick EVERY time I eat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have lost 1.5 lbs since my BFP and right now I'm at 5w4d. I'd say it's due to lack of appetite and eating healthier as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  •  

Im 9 weeks today and I've gained nothing. Feel lucky b/c I haven't really had m/s at all - BUT here's something strange-every time I eat something, I cannot stand my breath! Anyone else have that? Weird! And I have been eating granny smith apples every day (have to be cold) AND I HATE ALL FRUIT. (I know....my friends and family laugh at this) but it's true. So having to eat fruit now is VERY HARD for me.

• I've actually lost weight? lol I think its because I just started a new job where I move around alot, and plus MS. But I'm sure it'll all be coming back to me next month when I'm into the 4th month
  • imageBuckets of Moonbeams:
    imagejolynn326:

imagelayersofmeaning:

And did you know HCG is actually a stimulant?  There is a new fad diet which consists of injecting HCG and eating drastically less than normal.

Ew. I'm definitely bringing up the issue with my doctor in less than two weeks (first appt... Yay!) I seriously eat every hour or two, I just can't eat a lot and am not craving junk food (two reasons why I am probably overweight - portion sizes and ice cream lol). I feel like I eat all the time. And I'm drinking a lot more water than normal. I hope I'm being healthy!

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • I've lost weight. I was sick all day long until I started Zofran.
  • At 7 weeks along I gained 2 lbs
  • Women are more likely to respond if they've lost or haven't gained much.  Women who have gained more than a couple of pounds are less likely to respond.  So it skews the results.  Don't worry.  Granted with this pregnancy I've only gained a couple of pounds, but last pregnancy I gained 10 pounds my first trimester, but I gained 35 pounds total, so the top end of the normal range - and some of that was due to water retention because of preeclampsia which I lost immediately.  People just gain weight differently.

ETA:  Oops, meant to quote the following:  "Wow - I feel like I've gained a lot compared to you ladies! "

• imagecalhoun05:

Women are more likely to respond if they've lost or haven't gained much.  Women who have gained more than a couple of pounds are less likely to respond.  So it skews the results.  Don't worry.  Granted with this pregnancy I've only gained a couple of pounds, but last pregnancy I gained 10 pounds my first trimester, but I gained 35 pounds total, so the top end of the normal range - and some of that was due to water retention because of preeclampsia which I lost immediately.  People just gain weight differently.

ETA:  Oops, meant to quote the following:  "Wow - I feel like I've gained a lot compared to you ladies! "

I agree with this. I remember asking the same thing when I was in the 1st tri with DD, I had gained 10lbs by 13 weeks and felt like it was a lot. But really it wasn't too bad. It evens itself out. 

• At almost 7 weeks I've ganed 1 pound, and it's all in my bloated belly!!
  • I have gained about 5 pounds.  When I was feeling sick I ate mostly carbs and I tend to retain a lot of water anyway.  I am trying to eat healthier now but I can't help but throw in a few snacks that I never let myself have when I was TTC,
    After 4 years of unexplained infertility, IF treatments and 3 losses we have our miracle baby! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally off subject, but your dogs are soooo cute!  We have two boston terriers as well!  Best dogs ever!
  • 5 pounds as of today.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • At least 5 pounds, maybe 7.  It used to be bloat and my weight would go up and down, but now I think it's solid fat with maybe 10% baby. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"