Pregnant after 35

Hello - new to the board

Hello all,

Had a bit of a shock when I found out I was pg last week with #3.  We have a 7 year old DD & a 5 year old DS.  (We thought we were done - haha!)  Will be 38 when this baby is born in February.  Trying to get past the freaking out stage.  We have NOTHING - gave away all of our baby things a few years ago... My youngest starts kindergarten full-day this year & now we are starting all over again!  I know things will be ok, but it's all a little overwhelming at the moment! Smile

Looking forward to getting to know everyone...

Jen

Re: Hello - new to the board

• Welcome and congratulations!

I am also preg. with my 3d and we also gave all the baby stuff away.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations and welcome!

Baby consignment shops will be your best friend. Wink

I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • I am right there with you.. We were very shocked when we found out we were pg. I will be 38 a month after LO gets here, if she comes on time. I also have a 6 (almost 7) DD. My DH has 2 kids, 14 yo son and 12 yo daughter. My SS lives with us also. I had been off BCP for about 2 months. I didnt get them filled on time, then decided to skip that month, then in the midst of my mother passing away, I didnt get 2nd pack refilled either.. and BAM, I am pg. I found out 2 weeks after Mom passed away. We are very excited, cause we had talked about having a child together, but I was always nervous cause I was getting older.. DH is 36 and I am 37. My DD starts 1st grade next year, and SD is in 7th and SS is in 8th. We have nothing either.. I had not planned on getting pg so I gave all my stuff away years ago. I have been shopping around the thrift malls and such and have gotten alot of maternity clothes from there. But as far as the other big stuff for nursery, I dont know what we will do. We will decide something after we find out the sex of LO. Plus house is not big enough, we have 3BR and they are all taken. Car is not big enough for both DH's kids and mine and baby.. Needless to say it is all overwhelming, but it will be worth it.. We will make it.
  • Hi and welcome!!  It's cool to see someone from Northeast Ohio - I grew up in the Youngstown area.  Congratulations on your pregnancy - how exciting!!  I hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months!
    Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations and welcome to the board!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • mwdmwd member
    Congrats!  Look online at jbfsale.com to see if there is a sale coming up this fall in your area.  It's a consignment sale that benefits a charity in your area.  I've been able to get some really cute stuff at great prices!
  • Congratulations and welcome!
  • Right there with you! I too will be 38 when #5 comes along (#4 starts kindergarten this fall). Totally planned on being done - on the pill with an Essure procedure scheduled for July.  Actually had to reschedule Essure twice due to husband's travel schedule and would not be pg if the 1st scheduled had taken place.  Clearly, this baby was meant to be!  The kicker is that DH will be 48!  He laughs that I will have to wheel him into the child's graduation.  I think I am finally getting over the shock.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"