2nd Trimester
Options

NBR POLL: What's one thing your DH/SO does that drives you nuts??

DH has this ANNOYINGLY loud cough. It's so completely exagerrated and loud it drives me CRAZY!! He knows this and now does it on purpose all the time. DS has learned from his father and he does an annoying cough/clearing the throat thing too. Sounds different then DH's, thank God, but it's annoying, yet cute (cause it's from him and not his father!).
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR POLL: What's one thing your DH/SO does that drives you nuts??

• Options
    DH has a lot of annoying habits, I have to pick one?  Hahaha.  Probably thinking that he knows everything about everything, when, in fact, he does not. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Lol also hard to narrow it down to one! Wink

Hmm...He's really amazing, but he chews loudly (but I'm suuperrr sensitive to that b/c it's my greatest pet-peeve) and keeps his emotions too pent up. But truly, I can't complain!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Some days, everything.

2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • Options
    imageearthboundmisfit:

Some days, everything.

This!  Just kidding.  But I *hate* it when he gets out of the shower and leaves a wet towel on the bed.  Damp covers = no fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageBabyS2008:
    DH has this ANNOYINGLY loud cough. It's so completely exagerrated and loud it drives me CRAZY!! He knows this and now does it on purpose all the time. DS has learned from his father and he does an annoying cough/clearing the throat thing too. Sounds different then DH's, thank God, but it's annoying, yet cute (cause it's from him and not his father!).

My Dh this but with a sneeze. Its all vocal... Like "AAHHHHH chooooo...." It's super loud and irritating. He knows he does it but apparently startling the entire neighborhood when you sneeze is okay. Drives me crazy. :P

• Options
    He leaves chip bags or cracker boxes wide open so they get stale more quickly.  I hate the taste of stale so it drives me crazy!
  • Options

Hmm.  If I had to only pick one it is.. He says things in a serious tone and is totally joking but he never says " I'm just joking" so I get super frustrated & take everything he says seriously then 30 minutes later when he realizes im not talking to him he doesn't understand why AND then he says " I was just joking" 

That was super long but he just did that to me a minute ago.  He said he didn't want to buy a new playplen if we were having a boy. that it could just use DD old one which is pink!!  I got sooo mad!!

• Options
    He likes to tap a pencil in his hand HARD while he talks. It is so annoying. When he does it when we are on the phone, I can barely hear him!

This is my siggy. Love it.

• Options
    toriitorii member

Hmm I have two. One is that he dips. Ick! It is absolutely DISGUSTING and I'm pretty sure it's the main reason we don't ever kiss anymore.He started doing it after he quit smoking (5+ years ago) but honestly, I think I prefer the smoking because he smoked much less than he dips.

The other is how he sneezes. He tries to stifle it and it's just ridiculous sounding. I told him he was going to blow his head off one day but he didn't listen. 

I'm scared to wonder what he would say about me... haha!

• Options

imagehewinked:
    DH has a lot of annoying habits, I have to pick one?  Hahaha.  Probably thinking that he knows everything about everything, when, in fact, he does not. 

Ditto, ditto, ditto!! I swear he makes up PG facts off the top of his head. I don't even remember what it was (something really lame, for sure) but our convo yesterday went down like this:

Him: "You can't do that when your PG"

Me: "Oh, I forgot you know everything about everything. Where do you get these ridiculous facts, do you just make them up as you go along?"

Him: "Sometimes. But if you didn't know any better that was totally believable right?"

LOL! He has been driving me crazy lately but you gotta love him!

• Options

My DH does the wet towel on the bed and leaving chips open things, but I must say it's what he doesn't do that annoys me far more than anything he does do. He doesn't give L a bath by himself. He will help me, but not do it alone. He doesn't feed her solids without me begging. He doesn't take the initiative to do dishes or laundry on his own very often.

He is helpful when I ask him to be and handy to have around the house in many other ways, so I feel bad complaining. Embarrassed

• Options

He talks at alarmingly loud decibals sometimes....it's like he doesn't have that natural instinct to lower his voice if someone is sitting very close to him. I have been trying to "help" him with this for 2 years and he seriously doesn't get it. It drives me up a freaking wall. I am whispering-why are you screaming?!?!?

Other than that he's perfect :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

1)  When he gets home from work, he normally changes.  The clothes he takes off he leaves draped over the kitchen chairs, b/c "they can be worn again".  The stay on the chairs until I either a) put them in the hamper to wash or b) hang them back up in his closet.  Nothing like random shirts and shorts hanging on the kitchen chairs.

2)  He's really good for washing a load of clothes, but forgetting to put them in the dryer.  So 2 days later, when I find them in the washer, they've soured and need to be re-washed.

But he's absolutely wonderful and these are peeves that I've learned to live with Big Smile

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageBeanie_mrt:

Mine is when DH has a soda when we're watching tv at night on the couch.  He has these little stilfed burps that are mostly air, but he blows them out.

It's so fvcking annoying sometimes that I have to get up and leave the room or I will scream.

Oh yeah! To go along with the annoying coughs, he also has an annoying burp that I can'ttttttttttttttttt stand!! It's soooo irritating!! He knows these things, so I don't feel bad complaining about them!!

I guess if these are the worst of our problems then we all have great DHs!!

• Options
    I thought of something he does that annoys me to no end! He can't handle the TV at a normal volume. Even if it's a show he's totally not interested in, he'll turn the volume up to 30 whereas I was fine watching it at 14. Turn it up to 20 if you must, but 30? Our living room isn't a concert hall!

• Options

Every time he says something to me in normal conversation, 90% of the time he ends it with "ya know?"

Ugh NO!  I don't know!  SHUT UP!  That's always been a huge pet peeve of mine...grrr

• Options
    imagewac0419:

1)  When he gets home from work, he normally changes.  The clothes he takes off he leaves draped over the kitchen chairs, b/c "they can be worn again".  The stay on the chairs until I either a) put them in the hamper to wash or b) hang them back up in his closet.  Nothing like random shirts and shorts hanging on the kitchen chairs.

2)  He's really good for washing a load of clothes, but forgetting to put them in the dryer.  So 2 days later, when I find them in the washer, they've soured and need to be re-washed.

But he's absolutely wonderful and these are peeves that I've learned to live with Big Smile

THIS.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

1. When he eats he chews with his mouth open and when he really likes his food he does this low hum. He doesn't realize he is doing it, which is even funnier. After 4 years of getting yelled at for this, he still does it!

2. When he gets undressed at night, instead of walking the 10 feet to the laundry basket, he puts his clothes at the foot of our bed to "wear them again." Really, you are going to wear the same undershirt and underwear tomorrow? If I let him it would just pile up and pile up. Drives me nuts.

3. He leaves his drawers open on his dresser. I've gotten really good at knowing when they aren't even closed by the sound of it and usually holler at him to close it before he starts to walk away. It's so sloppy looking!

• Options
    imagestbmittleman:

1. When he eats he chews with his mouth open and when he really likes his food he does this low hum. He doesn't realize he is doing it, which is even funnier. After 4 years of getting yelled at for this, he still does it!

2. When he gets undressed at night, instead of walking the 10 feet to the laundry basket, he puts his clothes at the foot of our bed to "wear them again." Really, you are going to wear the same undershirt and underwear tomorrow? If I let him it would just pile up and pile up. Drives me nuts.

3. He leaves his drawers open on his dresser. I've gotten really good at knowing when they aren't even closed by the sound of it and usually holler at him to close it before he starts to walk away. It's so sloppy looking!

These 2, definitely!! He doesn't chew loudly but he does the hum when he's enjoying his food without even realizing it!!

And, the clothes thing...OMG drives me effin insane!! The best part is, he'll hang up his dress shirt, but REFUSES to hang his pants up. Then when I do it, he complains that I wrinkle his pants!! WELL, THEN YOU DO IT!! And he'll leave his t-shirt balled up on the hamper. 'Cause, ya know, opening the hamper is sooo difficult.

• Options
    Deploys too much.
  • Options
    imagewac0419:

My DH does the same thing! It drives me nuts!!!

• Options
    H&W05H&W05 member
    He leaves his crap everywhere. He'll get stuff out of the drawer/cabinet, use it, then just leave it sitting there. Is it so hard to put it away?
  • Options
    My DH two most annoying habits are cursing like a sailor (I am trying SO hard to break him of it before LO is here) and talking SO much that you can't even get a word in unless, sadly, you have to interrupt him. I HATE interrupting people but it's the only way I can get a response in to what he is saying. A two person conversation is hard enough, if there are several people around I have no hope. I sit there quietly because there's no way my quiet small voice will squeeze in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"