Question about Tricare Prime — The Bump
Military Families

Question about Tricare Prime

My husband doesnt know much about the Tricare system, but we both know we do not like our OB at all.  Do you know if I have to go back to my PCM for another referal, or can I switch without that whole process.   When we found out I was pregnant it took 4 weeks to get into my PCM and another 6 weeks to get to see my OB.... I'm 20 weeks now and dont want to have to wait that long again!

We are going to the Tricare office later today, but I thought maybe you ladies would know a bit more than either of us do!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Question about Tricare Prime

• I'm pretty sure you'll have to get another referral from your PCM. I'd definitely check with your local office just to be sure though. 
    TTC since 2007. Dx PCOS 6/2010
    4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid
    Clomid 50mg - BFP #1 - February 7, 2010 Missed miscarriage March 25, 2010
    Clomid 100 mg - BFP #2 - October 28, 2010 Chemical pregnancy November 4, 2010
    IUI #1 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - Femera + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #3 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #4 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #5 - Menopur + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare protocol = BFN
    FET = BFN - lost all remaining embryos
    IVF 2.0 - In progress. 20 retrieved. 16 mature. 10 fertilized with ICSI. 3, grade I embryos transferred, 7 made to freeze. Currently in the 2ww.
  • Loading the player...
  • You will need a referral from your PCM; if you don't want to go that route, you can switch to Standard and see any OB w/in network that you want.  Maternity care is 100% covered with either form of Tricare.  I'd go to your local office to switch- they can expedite the process.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegoodgolly_mrsmolly:
    You will need a referral from your PCM; if you don't want to go that route, you can switch to Standard and see any OB w/in network that you want.  Maternity care is 100% covered with either form of Tricare.  I'd go to your local office to switch- they can expedite the process.

Just keep in mind that if you choose to go the Tricare Standard route you will be locked out of Tricare Prime for a year (unless your DH is an E-4 or below, I'm pretty sure that is the rank cutoff).

• probably repeating by now but you do have to go to PCM. When you first got your confirmation from tricare they might have mailed a letter to your house with a number to call if you want to change your OB because you are unhappy.  
    Proud Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards