2nd Trimester
Options

How is your nursery coming along?

Re: How is your nursery coming along?

• Options
    We are still in the cleaning out phase.  Seems like we are light years away from painting and decorating.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Our nursery had an attached bathroom, so we decided to move the bathroom door out into the hallway instead, so we are doing renovations.  I will have to repaint a couple walls and trim, but after that it should be almost ready!

Still debating whether to get a shelf with cubbies to go over the changing table....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are not sure if we are going to move to a bigger apartment just yet. Our lease runs out in September, so while we are starting to purchase things and think about colors, we are still not sure of how much space we are allotting to the baby. We are on a list at our apartment complex for a two bedroom, and we are still looking at other places.
  • Options
    It's, um...not. lol The room is already painted (it was a light blue when we moved in and we like it for either a boy or a girl), but it's full of stuff that's going to have to be gotten rid of and we haven't even THOUGHT of furniture and decorating yet.
  • Options

half way there on cleaning out.  keeping same paint color ( pale blue).  ordered furniture.  have new area rug. have fabric to make curtains and bumper.

bumper fabric = https://store.shambijoux.com/wp-content/uploads/Laura-Gunn-Poppy-Poppy-Bouquet-In-Gray.jpg

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The room is emptied out. The carpet is gone, but the old pad is still stuck to the floor. FI is in the process of scraping that off the floor a little at a time. The trim is all off and the rest needs to be sanded for painting. Still have to paint, make curtains and purchase/put in the flooring.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageToreshi_Tobin:
    It's, um...not. lol The room is already painted (it was a light blue when we moved in and we like it for either a boy or a girl), but it's full of stuff that's going to have to be gotten rid of and we haven't even THOUGHT of furniture and decorating yet.

I'm right there with you!  Right now, our nursery is our office/cat playground, so we have a lot of cleaning and moving to do.  Luckily, the room doesn't have to be painted (it is already a nice, neutral yellow -- which is what we want).

We have already bought and assembled my rocker glider and ottoman, our crib and mattress are in (we just have to pick them up), and the bedding is already purchased.  All we need now is a dresser, a rug and a few accessories!

Our beautiful baby boy!!!

Trust in the Invisible ... and expect the INCREDIBLE!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haven't started, but it's our 2nd, so we need to hold off anyway until closer to my due date since we need to rearrange furniture throughout the house. I don't have to paint the room so it'll be a few days of rearranging, new curtains and voila! :)
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I find out baby's sex next week so I am waiting until then to start. I do have the furniture though already.
  • Options
    The room is painted an avocado green and my DH put the crib together last night.  We find out the sex next week and then I'll have a better idea of what I'd like to do with the room.
  • Options

We moved into a new apartment about 6 weeks ago (a couple weeks after finding out we were having a girl), so we were able to start from scratch - clean, empty room.

It's an apartment and our lease says we can't paint.. I'm kind of glad, otherwise my husband and I would probably still be fighting over the color.

• Options
    It is presently our guest room. My sister & nephew are coming to visit tomorrow for the weekend for DD's birthday and they will be our last guests. Early July we plan on taking out what furniture is in the room now and putting in the baby stuff. DH thinks we could wait until August - thank you but NO.
    Brandi dd - Emma Rose - 6.24.06 dd - Alexis Grace - 09.03.10 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nada. Ugh. So much to do.......
  • Options
    Ours is currently the guest room too. Right now I'm thinking that I'll leave the queen bed in there until after the baby is born, and set up the crib around 3 months, or whenever we decide we're ready to get the baby out of our room at night. This is mostly because my mom will be staying with us a lot in the beginning, and I want her to have a comfortable room and bed. I'll still have a glider and changing table set up in the guest/baby room, and have it decorated, but just no crib.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    toriitorii member

We painted over Memorial weekend but haven't been in the room since. It still needs to be touched up and the chair rail needs to be bought, cut, and installed.

We did however order our furniture and bedding last weekend! Unfortunately, the furniture is back ordered until September so I can't do much. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"