2nd Trimester
Options

Crippling gas pains

I had the worst gas pains last night. I think it is from my poor stress diet for 2 days (our family dog died and one of my old foster dogs who I adopted out in 2007 is being returned) and I just binged on sugar and carbs for 2 days. Bad PB.

Anyway, from 4 p.m. until early this morning, I had a very hard time even moving around, rolling over, standing up, from the cramps. They are still there this morning though not nearly as bad. I have walked the dog and ate a banana for breakfast. My goal is to resume my healthy, clean eating habits today. 

What else could I have done besides wait it out? 

Thanks!

Re: Crippling gas pains

• Options
    ree13ree13 member
    I had a similar thing happen to me.  We were running around all weekend and I didn't eat as healthy as I normally do.  I was also up all night, couldn't get comfy and it lasted all the next day.   I couldn't take it so I called my doc and she told me to take colace.  It is an over-the-counter stool softener.  She said it is good to have on hand bc with pregnancy this can happen any time.  It finally worked this morning and I feel better.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Drink plenty of water today.  And maybe have a little bit of sugar (preferrably fruit) so you don't just go from 100 to zero immediately?  Also, I'd toss in some protein. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a horrible time with night time gas cramps for weeks with my first pregnancy. I used to do all the exercises that they show you do to with the babies for gas: bicycle your legs and pull them up to your stomach. I had never experienced that before and it's so painful! Hope it clears up for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"