Pennsylvania Babies

Frustrated & On the Verge of Crying -HELP

Good Morning Gals,

I will give my apology to all of you now, since this will be a long post but I need to vent and get feedback so please feel free to share your thoughts. Today is one of those days when you know it's not going to be a good day. I have been really tired lately so I took a pg test to make sure I wasn't prego and I'm not. I have a sister who lives in Germany and is almost 7 years older than me. We have never really gotten along but she came home to visit with her two kids. I asked her about a month ago to give me some background info on how long it took her to get prego if she had something similar to PCOS, which my gyno thinks I might have b/c my testosterone and pretestosterone levels are double where they should be. She told me we'd talk when she got home and today's been a week since she's been in the US, and still nothing. She's known for over a month that my appt is today at 3:15 PM and I went to my mom's house, where she and the kids and her hubby will be home tonight are staying. I dropped stuff off an one thing led to another and I told her about my appt. and how my gyno thinks I should go on Chlomid. She thinks it's too soon and then she started going off on me about how I've only been off the pill since Jan and how I have to give it time, yet in the same sentence she said she got prego in 4 months. Hello I am going on 6 months. I realize you should wait a year before starting fertility drugs but at the same time I'm frustated b/c I really wanted to be prego by the time I'm 30 and I just turned 29 in May.

Secondly, My sister said she didn't want to talk about her struggles via e-mail b/c she had a miscarriage before her daughter who is now 3. I can't say I know what that feels like b/c I don't but HENCE the reason why I am asking for my sister to tell me what she went through so I can also let my doc know incase I go through something similar. Therefore, she told me she went on something similar to Povera but it lasted two months, rather than povera which lasts 10 days (or at least it did for me). So, she took it for two months and then she went to see her gyno and told her she hadn't received her period adn that the stupid medicine wasn't working but that's when they found out she was prego and then two weeks later when her hubby went with her realized she had miscarried and she ended up having a DNC and the whole nine yards. Anyway, She has always had bad acne problems for as long as I can remember and then I started to have bad acne problems after getting off the pill and especially after taking povera. So, I guess what I am trying to say and ask is what would you all do in my situation? I am seeing my gyno today. My hubby is going with me b/c he's a great guy and b/c I need the support. We said we wouldn't "try" to get prego until Sept but I'm antsy. The reason we said Sept. is because his truck will be paid off along with a few other minor bills. However, we both said that if it happened before then we'd be ok with it. I just want to know if I can have kids or not. We plan to take a cruise in Oct. so I guess if I'm not prego by then I'll start chlomid but what happens if Chlomid doesn't work, then what? Then I've wasted these few months in between (June-Oct). so I don't know what to do. Please help. I apologize for the long post but I could really use your feedback by today.

Re: Frustrated & On the Verge of Crying -HELP

• First, while it would help to know what your sister went through, it's obviously personal to her and probably still different than what you'll go through. However, unless your sister is a medical doctor specializing in reproduction, I'd take her advice with a grain of salt and go into your appointment today with an open mind, ready to ask questions and listen to the advice of someone you chose to give you that advice.

That said, it took me nine months to get pregnant, and I did not have any kind of medical condition that caused it - it just took nine months. If you have not read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, I highly suggest it. It's great information and the things I learned in it really helped me to understand my cycles and how to "time" things in order to get pregnant.

• I agree with what Rachel said- go in with an open mind and see what your doc says.  Write down any questions/thoughts that you have before going in (I always forget when I am in there).

As far as talking to your sister, when I was dealing with IF issues, it was soooo hard talking to people who never had been through it.  The Bump was a great source of support.

I would also recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  Fertility/getting pregnant is something that we can't really control~ which is why it is sooooo frustrating!! Everyone will have different advice because everyone has a different experience.  Good luck today! Let us know what your dr. says!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I also agree with previous posters...

Hopefully your doctor can give you some answers and set you on a path/plan.  It doesn't sound like your sister will be able to give you what you're looking for.  Everyone's situation is different so knowing hers may not help you at all.  

Good luck at your appointment today!

{Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"