1st Trimester

Scared-low hcg, but doubling

This is my second pregnancy (I have an 18 month old DS).  Last time, my doc did not require blood tests, now it is her standard operating procedure.  The nurse seemed glad that my hcg was doubling but was obviously super concerned with the first one.  The hcg and prog seem so, so low when I research online.    I go back for more tests today.  I feel like there is no hope and I don't understand why she seems so calm about it.

16 dpo -- hcg:16 prog:9.4

20 dpo-- hcg:84 prog:14.6 

I see online that the important thing is that it is doubling, but has anyone seen any this low, but doubling??? 

Re: Scared-low hcg, but doubling

• Is it possible that you ovulated late?  Regardless - you're doubling and that really is what matters.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
  • I know it's very stressful but the numbers are doubling and your pro is going up. That's great! It doesn't matter what the number is as long as it doubles. GL at your appointment today. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine didn't start off quite that low, mine was in the low hundreds, but it was very low and my doctor was concerned at first. But it turns out, I was just off on the dates I ovulated. And now, 4 1/2 weeks later, everything is fine and going smoothly. Try to stay positive and good luck at your appt.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can totally see how you would be worried with such a low number, but they're right...as long as it doubles is what matters.  Are you going for more blood work?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am going now--please keep me in your thoughts/prayers...
  • my hcg on 14dpo with my ds was 4.  FOUR!!!  they called me and said it wasn't even technically pregnant yet.  Which was crazy because I had gotten a ton of + hpts, including a digital without fmu.  a few days later it was 66.  Anyway, I have a totally healthy and happy almost 2 year old.  Don't give up hope!! I am proof!!!!

Hugs!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ali212Ali212 member

I'm pg with #2 as well.  I went through IVF this cycle so I know exactly when I ovulated and also had low betas.  I started at 23.7 at 15dpo and then went to 58.7 at 17 dpo and then 191 at 19dpo.  The last time they checked I was at 1,337 at 24dpo (after 1000, my RE stops checking betas).  They didn't check my progesterone but I've been on PIO shots since I ovulated so my level is usually in the 30s-40s due to that.  I'm now 8 weeks, 3 days.  I'm still quite nervous (hence no ticker....I've had a rough road getting here) and probably will be until I can do an amnio but so far, so good.  I've had 3 u/s (the last one was yesterday) and I have a strong heartbeat. 

I did a TON of google searches....everything did say that the most important thing is that it doubles.  I hope this works out for you!

5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"