2nd Trimester
Options

leg cramps/charley horses

I got one charley horse during the first tri and didn't think anything of it other than yelling out "holy hell" when it happened.  I've had four or five now in the second tri - including two this week alone.  I woke up at 3 this morning and tried to walk it off but it's still sore right now.

Anyone else getting them?  What are you doing to try to relieve them?  I've read that some feel calcium can help but that there's really no medical proof that it does.

Re: leg cramps/charley horses

• Options

When you wake up and feel the onset of the charlie horse... flex your foot up (don't extend, but flex has if you're walking)

It should go away if you flex fast enough. Also, drink more water!

• Options
    My SIL had them every night while preg with her LO.  She ate a banana every night before she went to bed and said that was the only thing that helped her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    also try cutting out colas/dark carmel coloring which can contribute to getting them.
  • Options
    imageJQuin10:

When you wake up and feel the onset of the charlie horse... flex your foot up (don't extend, but flex has if you're walking)

This exactly.  I was getting them a lot around 22 weeks...so bad I would literally start screaming.  Now, when I feel it coming on, I flex my foot up immediately, and that stops it.

• Options
    imageJQuin10:

Exactly! This works like a charm and save you the pain cause once it starts you just have to bear it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"