2nd Trimester
Options

Sharing on Facebook

I am starting to get requests on my facebook from friends I dont get to see very often to post baby bump photos. How many of you are doing this. I really dont want to post those pictures! This is a time for me and my family to enjoy my changing body, not to share with those who I knew I high school.

My sister in law lives 5 states away, so I take pictures and share them through email so she can be a part of my pregnancy too. But never on facebook.

There are comments on my facebook about my pregnancy but I did not, nor will I make it "Facebook Official"

What do others think about babies/pregnancies on facebook?

Re: Sharing on Facebook

• Options
    I shared it on facebook, but I don't share baby bump pictures at all. If there happens to be a picture of me and you can see my stomach, then fine, but I'm not gonna intentionally post belly pictures.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    toriitorii member

I stay in touch with my friends and family via facebook, and quite a few of them were asking me when I would finally post bump pictures. I said, what the heck and post them every few weeks. I enjoy looking at my friends' bumps so if they enjoy mine, too then why not?

*I am completely aware that this is AW behavior.  Stick out tongue

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I post pictures of my bump on FB.  I like seeing my friends', so I don't mind sharing mine.  If you aren't comfortable with it, then don't do it!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I shared on FB with both pregnancies. I made announcements, posted U/S pictures and bump pictures. I really enjoy seeing this stuff from others too and a lot of my pregnant friends share their bump & u/s pics as well. I know everyone is different though and if it isn't your style then you don't have to give in to the requests.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We have family on FB and it's just easier to post pics and updates there. I enjoy seeing friends and family's pics of bumps and updates. 
  • Options
    Not my style at all. I don't care if you do it, but I would email privately if someone really needed to see my bump. (Otherwise they can just come and hang out with me.) I don't plan on posting ultrasound pictures or any pictures of the baby at all. I don't want to expose my child to that, but again, if you want to, go crazy! (A lot of my friends do both but some don't do either.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I did make a FB announcement to let everyone know about the pregnancy...I'll probably post a halfway pic and maybe 1 or 2 at the end but that's about the extent of it...
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've earned $55 in Amazon gift cards just for using the swagbucks search engine...ready to start earning free stuff? Click my referral link below!

Search & Win
  • Options

I don't see why so many people have hang ups on sharing pg related stuff on FB. Isn't the whole point of FB to share what's going on in your life? Being pg is a pretty big part of what's happening in my life right now so of course I'll share. But I also don't have herds of people from HS as my friends... so maybe that makes a difference. 

You can always change the privacy settings so you can share with only certain people. A lot of my family can't seem to figure out how to open pictures in email so posting them on FB is the only way they can see pics of what's happening around our house.  

ETA: just don't make every post about pregnancy... that's REALLY annoying.  

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • Options

The only people I am friends with on FB are my close friends and family.  I don't have anyone from high school or people that I wouldn't normally share stuff like this with.

I am "out" on FB with my pregnancy, have a ticker on my profile and have posted a few pictures of my belly.  My mom, sister and best friends don't live near me and it's a way they can all be caught up on everything with minimal work from me.

I will more than likely also post on FB when I go into labor as a way to keep my close friends and family updated without having to send out 50 texts or call 50 people.  I'm all about doing whatever it takes to make things easy for me.

But like I said, only my close friends and family are on FB.

• Options
    Ive shared like some my family and I are prety dispersed and me being 33 and DH and I trying for so long everyone is excited. I go to a lot of outings with friends and the camera is always out so they will get "bump" pics just from me going on about my regular life. As one pp said FB is about sharing your life and this is HUGE right now and thankfully my froends and fam ask for and enjoy it
  • Options

I agree - not really wanting to make anything official on FB, or bombard my coworkers, work contacts, and other rando-s with my belly pictures.

We just started a (free) blog where we post pictures, news, and ultrasounds to share with our close family and friends.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageOctoberBabyH:
    Not my style at all. I don't care if you do it, but I would email privately if someone really needed to see my bump. (Otherwise they can just come and hang out with me.) I don't plan on posting ultrasound pictures or any pictures of the baby at all. I don't want to expose my child to that, but again, if you want to, go crazy! (A lot of my friends do both but some don't do either.)

This! Before we move into the new place August 1, I'm three hours away from both of our families. To allow them to be a part of the pregnancy, I've written email updates and included the odd bump picture, and the ultrasound pictures. Otherwise, I think they're private. I've only posted one "official" pg status ("It's a girl <3") and I'll post a bump from time to time but it's not my style to keep EVERYONE informed on everything that's going on. Can't some things be private?

• Options

I'm not out on FB yet- we're waiting until the 20 week ultrasound, then I don't know what we'll post.

But when my FB friends post ultra-serious, navel-gazing pics on their walls, my DH and I laugh about it. Not that we're not planning on taking those pics- we're just not going to share them with everyone. My mom will love those pictures, but my law school classmates would probably just find it funny. 

I think there are a lot of reasons to keep these types of photos in the family. My main reason for not posting on my wall is that I have several friends that have had trouble conceiving, and while they feel very happy for me, I don't want them to see "pregnancy!" every time they email.

I think if these are friends from HS that you haven't seen for awhile, they'll probably forget they asked if you don't respond to the request.   

• Options

For me, it comes down to who I have accepted as a friend.  Whenever deciding to accept someone, I determine if I would want them to know my intimate secrets, if the answer is no, I don't accept them.  This eliminates the above problem.

Regarding pregnancy pics, I don't really want to take them & will not be sharing any.  If I happen to be out with friends & a picture is taken of me during the pregnancy then that will be posted.  Hope this helps.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't intentionally take pictures to put on FB. But if there is a picture I am uploading with my belly in it, that's fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"