Success after IF
Options

Pregnant after diagnosis of high FSH

Does this mean that I will miscarry because I had a high FSH level. I got pregnant on a break cycle from IUI's. I am 29 years old.

I am really scared this means I have bad eggs. 

Thanks for your help.

Re: Pregnant after diagnosis of high FSH

• Options
    how high?  I've been around 10 and had a successful IVF and so far a good surprise bfp (almost 12 wks).  congrats on the bfp!  when are you due?
  • Options
    smileesmilee member
    Mine was 12 when I did my last fresh IVF.  I did miscarry , but I am now pregnant from a FET from the same batch of eggs. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesmilee:
    Mine was 12 when I did my last fresh IVF.  I did miscarry , but I am now pregnant from a FET from the same batch of eggs. 

How far were you when you miscarried?

• Options

imagesmilee:

BTW, I cant believe that you are almost done and get to meet your little boy!!!!

• Options
    smileesmilee member
    imageraskind17:

imagesmilee:

We transferred 2- one was ectopic- had surgery at about 6 weeks- I think that was just bad luck, we did not have anything tested.

The other baby we lost 2 weeks later at 8 weeks. We had the tissue tested- trisomy 22

HOw are you feeling? 

• Options
    I also got pregnant on a break cycle and have high FSH. I am about 20 weeks. So hopefully its a sticky one!!
  • Options
    imagesmilee:
    imageraskind17:

imagesmilee:

We transferred 2- one was ectopic- had surgery at about 6 weeks- I think that was just bad luck, we did not have anything tested.

The other baby we lost 2 weeks later at 8 weeks. We had the tissue tested- trisomy 22

HOw are you feeling? 

What was your FSH? 

I am feeling a lot better!!! Finally got rid of the pump 2 weeks ago. I was SO over it!!! How is your nausea?

• Options

I have high FSH and diminished ovarian reserve and have never had a m/c. (I have a 16 month old and am 34 weeks pregnant). My highest day 3 FSH was around 13. I had one day 10 FSH of 20 when doing the Clomid Challenge test (the RE didn't put a lot of stock in it b/c I was having an LH surge at the same time).

There are a lot of women on this board that have had successful pregnancies with high FSH. I don't know all their m/c histories, but I would definitely be optimistic in your case. They do say that FSH is more related to quantity than quality. Your age is definitely in your favor as far as quality goes, too.

Good luck! 

• Options
    smileesmilee member
    imageraskind17:
    imagesmilee:
    imageraskind17:

imagesmilee:

HOw are you feeling? 

What was your FSH? 

I am feeling a lot better!!! Finally got rid of the pump 2 weeks ago. I was SO over it!!! How is your nausea?

Mine was 12.

Glad you are feeling better!

Mine nausea is still always there, but certainly nothing like it was for the first 20+ weeks.  

• Options
    imagesmilee:
    imageraskind17:
    imagesmilee:
    imageraskind17:

imagesmilee:

HOw are you feeling? 

What was your FSH? 

Mine was 12.

Glad you are feeling better!

Mine nausea is still always there, but certainly nothing like it was for the first 20+ weeks.  

I am SOOOO glad you are almost done with this pregnancy! I know how awful the nausea is and the weight loss etc. Its a really horrible thing to go through it! If you haven't been there, you just won't understand! I will always have nightmares from it! 

I can't wait to see some pics of you LO!!! 

Wooohooo!!!

• Options
    Nicolita is right on.  High FSH is all about quantity, not quality, especially if you are young.  My FSH was 13 the month before my successful IVF.  I have never had a miscarriage and we've done 8 IUIs and 1 IVF. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage ~Lindsay~TTC since Aug 06...FSH 13.5. 8IUIs & 1 cancelled IVF - BFNs. IVF #2 - Success! TTC for #2 since September 2009 - ER 6/23!
  • Options
    Ali212Ali212 member
    One of my BFs, has super high FSH levels.  She is young as well.  She got pg on a break cycle (was basically told she would never conceive without ART) and has a healthy 4-year old boy.  I can't say for sure you will have a healthy child but it is absolutely possible.
    5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The highest level that I know of was 13.1, and I have a beautiful almost 2 YO boy :)
  • Options
    I did have a c/p and an early loss after my "high" fsh dx (13.8 was highest level) but I am preg with a healthy dd now. Age trumps fsh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"