Health & Exercise

Prenatal Yoga

Hello,

I just ran across this board and was wondering if you can offer any recommendations. I wanted to start doing prenatal yoga, but I have never done yoga before. I was wondering if you know of any DVD's for prenatal yoga that would be good for beginners? Any help would be appreciated.TIA

Re: Prenatal Yoga

• check out netflix.  its $8/month.  They have quite a few dvd's available.  It's cheaper than buying them yourself
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Most of them show modifications. So you go on at your own pace.  

Element: Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga- Elena Brower. 30 minutes prenatal yoga practice.

Yoga for your Pregnancy-Co-created by Lamaze and Yoga Journal.Prenatal yoga 31 minutes, relax 17 minutes.

Crunch Yoga Mama-Sue Elkind. 40 Minute prenatal yoga practice.

Prenatal Yoga- Shiva Rea. 60 minute prenatal yoga DVD.

I highly recommend the Shiva Rea one and the Crunch yoga mama one.

good luck!

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
    Our Journey in Blog.
    My Blog
    Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Since you've never practiced yoga before, it may be worth it to drop in on a class before you go at it at home. This way, you have an instructor there to check your alignment and make sure you are getting into and out of positions correctly.

If you can't find a prenatal yoga class, just tell the instructor you're pregnant. They should show you modifications.

GL! 

• Thank you ladies for your input. I will look into all of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"