2nd Trimester
Options

Are you going to tell people what you're naming your LO?

We're "Team Green", so we have to pick out names for a boy or a girl. Family & friends keep asking us what names we have in mind & I REALLY don't want to share that with anybody for a few reasons. 1: What if we pick a name, we tell everybody, then we decide to change the name after birth because the LO looks more like a Alex, than a Isaac?                               2: My cousin & his wife named their baby before birth & told a few people. Those people told them how "dumb" the name was & started throwing in suggestions of their own. I don't think I could handle the same situation without ending up in jail!                                                                         3: I really just can't decide until I meet my LO face to face. We'll name our baby based on what we feel it should be named when we meet him/her       

Are any of you ladies keeping the name of your LO quiet until the big day?

~ Mrs. G

Re: Are you going to tell people what you're naming your LO?

• Options
    We're not sharing.  So far, when I've told ppl that, they've been understanding.  But I haven't gotten a lot of stress/pressure about why we're not finding out the sex either.  I think it may get worse as school starts back up and random teachers are commenting on my pg.  We'll see. 
    Honor3 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    NSLNSL member
    We'll probably tell people.  No one made any comments about LittleL's name, and it would be weird for us to keep this baby's name a secret after we told the first time around.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We told people once we had decided what it was for sure. When you say what you're thinking I have noticed that people want to try and convince you otherwise or have an opinion more so than when you have a name picked out and ready to go.

We had a decoy name too but never got the chance to use it :( lol

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm trying but its hard!  Our family and friends don't like to hear the responce "we are waiting to tell people" so i've started just telling people "we can't agree on a name just yet".  That usually gets them to back off!  We already have our names at least a good list and my Mom just keeps giving us more names she likes because she thinks we don't have any idea.  Oh well can't hurt I guess!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're also team green.  We told everyone our names were Patrick and Abigail... which they were... until DH and I recently fell in love with Liam.  Now we're not telling anyone.  Knowing us we'll probably change our girl name too lol.
  • Options

We are.

We shared DD's name before she was born and got some negative feedback, and it was kind of anti-climatic when she was born because everyone knew she was a girl and her name AND I ended up needing to be induced for pre-e so her birthday wasn't that much of a surprise either. We want one fun surprise this time around :) 

We're keeping it super top secret too. I've told one person to get it "out of my system" but other than that I won't even reveal it on here :) It's been a lot of fun to keep it a secret this time and it's driving people CRAZY. Haha.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We tell people we're still tossing a few around, then throw our real name out along with a couple decoy options. So far the people we've told haven't said anything weird, so I think I'm going to stick with this approach and not tell them we've actually made the decision. I might tell my close friends b/c I know they won't say anything stupid but that's it.

He's growing up, but he'll always be my baby!

Nathan--11/4/10

...big brother to...???? Due March 2014!

• Options

We are team green and we are not going to share the names we picked out. I don't want to see/hear anyone's reaction. It was just the right decision for us. 

• Options

We're not sharing until it's carved in granite.  We did the same with DS's name--didn't share until 32 weeks or so.  No one liked DS's name when we told them, but by that point we loved it and didn't care what anyone else thought.  If you share it, make sure you're at that point.

The only annoying thing is that with our families, if we say we're still working on it, we start getting 8001 suggestions from them.

• Options
    I really wish we hadn't shared the name.  I intentionally misspelled the name to fit with a naming tradition and to make it similar to my sister's middle name...  Everyone keeps telling me how cruel I am to do that to my daughter and to everyone else who has to remember how to spell it. 
  • Options
    I can't keep secrets. I'll tell anyone who will listen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    No. I doubt we will even finalize names until the month before baby is due.
  • Options
    We are sharing.  Part of it is because we wanted to make sure it was ok with my grandparents that her MN will be that of my late aunt.  Everyone loves the name we've picked out and we haven't gotten any negative feedback... just a lot of 'how do you spell it again?'

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Options
    Yes, we've told.  I'm horrible at keeping secrets that I am excited about.  So far no horrible complaints and several "that's a beautiful name."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    skyejoskyejo member
    Nope, we're keeping it to ourselves. Everyone always has a comment about a name and it's easier for people to keep that to themselves when the baby is actually here versus when I'm still pregnant.
  • Options
    i think we'll be keeping it under wraps. when we had our son, we shared some early name ideas with family and my father-in-law had some rude comments about the names. that pretty much stopped all name talk. DS was five weeks early, so we literally didn't decide on his name until the day he was born. When we did announce it, we got a few more less than flattering comments, so I think it's better for us to just wait until it's a done deal.
  • Options
    We're not telling anyone b/c I don't care about nor do I want to hear their opinions.
  • Options

We're not sharing that information with anyone we know in real life (I love getting input from the Baby Names board though!).

We figure we want to keep it a surprise for everyone since we told everyone the sex of the baby already... plus we want to give ourselves the freedom to change our mind on a name at the last minute if we want to and not have to answer to everyone for it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Options
    We are keeping the name top secret. When I first became pregnant everyone was asking if we had any names picked out, and I told them a few that I was thinking of... and I actually was quite surprised at how opinionated others are on the name of my child. I got "oh I don't really like that name".. or the "awwwww" and that was it.. which in my book means they hate it. I have decided I don't care what anyone thinks of what I end up naming my LO as long as my husband & I love it. I just tell everyone we can't decide on one, so we are going to wait until the baby is born.
    AF2012-09-08-27-1 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're not. And being team green and NOT sharing names with DD was fun! We called everyone up and were like, "It's a girl and her name is ___!" There was SO MUCH suspense from everyone about what we were having and what the name would be.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Options
    We found out we're having a girl, this is the first time we found out the sex. We are not telling anyone our name, I want something to be a surprise when I have the baby.
  • Options
    We told. We were absolutely sure it was the name we wanted for her and now, even though she's not born, it's her name now. I don't think seeing the baby will make me change my mind and I don't really care if other people have anything negative to say (though so far people have just said "it's pretty" and the like).
  • Options
    Nope, we're sharing and if people don't like the name they can go scratch! :) They can offer all the opinions and suggestions they want, but it's not going to change our minds! Even if we couldn't truly decide we'd share the list of names, but for some reason DH and I really don't have a hard time coming up with names we like so much that we won't be swayed.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageChelMcQ:
    We're not telling anyone b/c I don't care about nor do I want to hear their opinions.

This.  We have been asked what we were thinking and I have shared some ideas (some of the names are not really on the short list) and it is a never-ending conversation on how their kid's name is better or how I should do this or that.  I regret ever responding to the question to begin with.  I have my name list on here ....but soley as a social experiment.  Other's opinions will have nothing to do with the name we decide.

• Options
    We're sharing, but we have (what I think is) a different name, so I'm not throwing it around a lot. If asked directly I generally tell them though. I've gotten a couple of confused looks, usually followed by "how do you spell that?" Once they chew on it a while, I get positive feedback. Plus I can't keep secrets, I'm horrible at it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are not telling so DH can make a big announcement afterward. Obviously we have shared the sex, so it gives him something extra for when he's a proud papa.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we're not sharing the name.
  • Options
    We shared her name and have only heard positive comments. If they had been negative,I still wouldn't have cared.
  • Options

We're not sharing - but I'm also going to avoid being one of those women that says "We picked out the name... but I'm not telling...!!" cause I find it annoying.  Instead I'll just say we have it narrowed down but we're still mulling it over and we'll let them know when we come to a decision.... of course I will make sure that's not until birth.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We just played it off like we didn't have a name yet whenever anyone asks. And we really didn't know for sure until after we had our son what name we really wanted to use.

I didn't want to have to deal with hearing peoples opinions about what name we might choose.

• Options

People are so nosy about it. We've had people ask even after we've said "no" and just to piss them off, I give them this list:

Cheyenne Sunset
    Wyoming River

• Options
    MSC03MSC03 member

Yep, we've already been forthcoming with our LO's name. 95% of the time, it's in how you present it. We've said her name firmly, as if there is no alternative, so people aren't misled that I'm asking for their advice or opinion.

I have not had one negative remark thus far. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't like the name, but they're smart enough to keep those comments to themselves because quite frankly I don't care! :-)

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"