3rd Trimester

37w6d med free 3.5 hour birth

DH and I went to bed at about 12:30 Wednesday night. I started feeling a few contractions and thought that they felt different from the ones I had felt before. About a half hour after those started I felt my water break and woke DH up. When I told him that my water had just broke he actually thought I was kidding for a second. My mom was at work so I called her and she managed to get to our house in about a half hour and we headed for the hospital which is about 20 minutes away.

By the time we got to the hospital my contractions were about 3 minutes apart. They got me into bed and hooked up the fetal and contraction monitors and the nurse checked my cervix (which hurt about 100x more than when I was at the doctors office) and I was 5 cm. I told the nurse that I didn't want pain medication and she actually said that most women change their minds and to let her know if I wanted anything. 

DH's family got there about an hour later and stayed in the room until I actually started pushing. My BIL was having a blast watching the contractions on the monitor and kept saying oh look you're having a contraction or that the line on monitor wasn't going all the back down.

I never felt what I would have thought transition would feel like. The monitor was showing I was having contractions but I still felt like I was getting a good couple minutes between contractions that actually hurt and even those I was about just to breathe through.

At a little before 4 am I had the nurse come in and check me again because I felt like I HAD to push. I was 9cm with a small anterior lip. She went and called the doctor who luckily lives close to the hospital. At this point I didn't even find the contractions themselves painful anymore and fighting the urge to push was what hurt. My doctor got there in about 15-20 minutes and checked me and said that it was time to get to work.

About 3 contraction and 10 minutes later Evan Michael was born at 4:29 am weighing 6 pounds 5 ounces and 19 inches long. None of the nurses on the unit could believe that I had a first baby in 3 and a half hours and without any pain medication.  I had a small second degree tear which already doesn't bother me anymore. Evan is doing good and is nursing like a pro.

Sorry that got so long. I wasn't planning on writing that much lol.

Re: 37w6d med free 3.5 hour birth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"