Boston Babies
Options

If you gave birth at Emerson

What did they provide for you? I am packing my bag, and am wondering if I really need to bring diapers, or maxi pads etc. or if the hospital will provide all that. I know I might *want* my own things, but I'm just wondering if I need to bring them.

Also, does anyone know what visiting hours are?

Thanks!

Re: If you gave birth at Emerson

• Options

My SIL gave birth there.  We were just chatting about all the stuff she got while she was there over the weekend.

I know they had diapers for baby.  She said they had these mesh panties that aren't very flattering but are fabulous.  They apparently have industrial strength maxi pads (and you want to grab as many extras as possible to take home with you for afterwards.) I'm not sure what else they provide but she told me that one of her nurses recommended taking whatever extra supplies they brought to her.  Apparently once they bring it into your room they can't put it back in the closet so you might as well take it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Also, she mentioned that she had her own stuff that she packed but that she really preferred using what the hospital supplied so that she wasn't ruining her own clothes and things.

The one thing she recomended bringing was possibly a top/sweater/shawl or something with color that you could put over your shoulders so you aren't just wearing the hospital nightgown in all your pictures. (Not that anyone cares because all people are looking at in the pictures is the baby.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is great info... I'm glad someone asked. I didn't even think about what the hospital may or may not have. I knew about the unflattering undies...but heck why ruin your own!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!
  • Options
    Emerson was great! We packed so many things we didn't end up using. We'll know better next time. They also supplied me with a breast pump and parts when I had trouble nursing. When we were home and using my own pump, it was really handy to have two sets of parts - we had to wash dishes less frequently. They supplied my son with all of the formula needed to supplement my BF attempts, too. The mesh undies were dreamy! LOL And the industrial strength pads were, too! I think I wore the johnny the whole time I was there, except for when my ILs came to visit. I brought slippers - white ones! - and the nurses told me to wear the hospital slipper socks instead so I didn't ruin them. One thing we were psyched that they had was free wi-fi! We were posting pics a few hours after DS was born! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"