Pregnant after 35

birth story sceduled c section

hi ladies, sorry its been so long but being a new mother is taking a lot more time than i thought it would. lol  more like no sleep is more like it.

so on tuesday 5/25/10 my son Andrew was born via scheduled c-section at 1:40 pm weighing 9lb 13oz and 21 3/4 inches long  (he was estimatated to be 9lb 4oz at the u/s the week before) 

we had planned on having him on the day before but i was going to be a to follow case. well after about 6 hours of waiting my ob called me to say he had a scheduled opening the next day and did i want to wait one more day.  i told him ok. better than waiting all day.

so the c-section.  i went in was prepped and then they went for the spinal. it was not fun.  it was hard.  i'm a big girl then add a 9 lb baby in my belly, it was not easy to arch my back for the anesthesiologist to get in. it took him a few tries and lots of crying from me. 

the spinal i did not like. it felt like someone was sitting on my legs.  i kept on wanting to flex or arch my feet and couldnt. i felt like someone was pushing down on them.  it was a weird feeling. plus it doesnt help that i have a problem with anxiety and panic attacks. so that made things a little rough.

but on to baby.  they had to really work to get him out and my ob was happy we went for the scheduled c/section because i probably would've ended up with shoulder dystocia. lots of pulling and pushing on their part to pull him out of me. 

then he was out!  at 1340 hrs he was born.  apgar 7 and 9.  for some difficulty breathing in the beginning.  also i was a GD mom so they had to check blood sugars and those were all good for him and myself.

so we went home on day 3.  had a little problem with the incision. it was infected so i had to do antibiotics. but its better now

breastfeeding is not going so great.  i have a supply problem. as well as i'm now exclusively pumping because we had such a hard time at the breast.

but Andrew is thriving at the last lactation appt he was up to 10lb 4oz so we are good.

we also had a problem with jaundice but that is better now.  i will post pix another time.

i love being a mom

good luck to everyone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: birth story sceduled c section

• Your c-section sounds frightening. I have a bit of trouble with anxiety and panic as well so I understand that helpless feeling making your panic a bit. I'm glad he arrived and is doing well. Good luck with the breastfeeding, but remember, in the end all that matters is that he is healthy and gaining weight. Breast or bottle is not the most important thing.
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Congrats on your little one!  I also had a traumatic C section.  I literally feel like I am going through post traumatic stress syndrome. Crying

So happy to hear your LO is doing well!

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations on your new little boy!  Sorry you had such a rough C section, but hopefully you're feeling better now.   Can't wait to see pictures of baby Andrew!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congratulations!

Sorry about your C-section experience.

• Hey R!!!  I'm sorry about your experience but so happy that little Andrew made it through safe and sound!!

Congratualtions!!  Can't wait to see pics!

• Sorry to hear you had a rough time!  Congrats on being a new mommy and welcome to the world baby Andrew....what a big boy!   Post some pics after you get some much needed rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"