Maryland Babies

Trying to hold myself together

OMG I had no idea how hard it would be to leave DD with someone new that wasn't family. And you all guessed it, she did so well. She didn't even cry, that first 5 minutes that I put her in the DCP arms. So I'm just crossing fingers that she will be fine today. Obviously mommy is a wreck. I just hope I can get some work done.

Re: Trying to hold myself together

• Aww, Jen, it's really hard at first.  I gets easier, and it makes it better if they are happy too.  Just keep thinking about when you get to go pick her up.  I love walking into his room at daycare and seeing his face light up just for me :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Aww, today will be hard, but it will get easier each day this week.  Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • It really will get easier - just call when you need to.  Best piece of advice I got was that Annabelle will never know any different, so she's not upset w/ you, missing you, etc.  - she's just enjyoing the new scene, and when you show up later - she will be delighted to see you!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Aw, hang in there.  

I think I called DCP every.single.hour the first few days.  :)  And now DH has DS today (he's a teacher) and I'm calling him every single hour, haha.  I'm nervous all over again, even though I know he'll do a great job.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Trust me it definitely gets easier!  Call if feel you need to and it will make you feel better.  Now when I drop DD off as soon as we get inside she wants to get down so she can play with all of the toys. 
  • Aww...  I am so sorry that you had a rough time this morning.  Left HugRight Hug  It's almost time to go pick her up!  Yes
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Aw, the day is already over, but I hope it went well!  Let us know if tomorrow is any easier!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Update: DH met me at Daycare and we heard her crying from outside. Broken Heart Basically Annabelle refused to drink milk and eat her food. She did however nap, so I guess that was a plus. I dropped her off this morning and she didn't cry. But most of yesterday she cried. I know it's going to take at least a few weeks for her to get used to the idea.

• imagejcsntms06:
    Update: DH met me at Daycare and we heard her crying from outside. Broken Heart Basically Annabelle refused to drink milk and eat her food. She did however nap, so I guess that was a plus. I dropped her off this morning and she didn't cry. But most of yesterday she cried. I know it's going to take at least a few weeks for her to get used to the idea.

Aw Jen that makes my heart break.  I can't imagine how hard this transition is for you and DH...I will definitely be asking you for some advice when DD actually goes to daycare in September.  ::Hugs:: 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • oh honey - hugs!  that must have been hard to hear her crying - poor girl, poor mommy and daddy!  If it makes you feel better - remember when I posted about the little boy crying at daycare on his first day a few weeks ago?  I saw him a few days last week and yesterday and he was happy as a clam, smiling at everybody, walking around checking out the toys, etc. - even at the end of the day.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKathrynMD:
    oh honey - hugs!  that must have been hard to hear her crying - poor girl, poor mommy and daddy!  If it makes you feel better - remember when I posted about the little boy crying at daycare on his first day a few weeks ago?  I saw him a few days last week and yesterday and he was happy as a clam, smiling at everybody, walking around checking out the toys, etc. - even at the end of the day.

Aw that's great. Puts a smile on my face. 

• Aw, I'm always so sad when I get to DC and DS is crying or when I call and hear him crying in the background.  Hugs to you!  Hope today is a little easier on everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.  It WILL get easier, and one day, you'll go to pick her up and she'll cry because she doesn't want to leave!
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"