2nd Trimester
Options

I wonder...

if I'm having a planned c/s, can I request that they let the cord stop pulsing or at least wait 30 seconds before cutting it?  Hmmm...I will add it to my list of questions.  Has anyone heard about this?

Re: I wonder...

• Options

I don't see why you can't request it, at least for a minute or two. If there are problems, of course, they won't do it. Other then that, though, they really don't have a good reason not to.

Depending on how they do their csections- either with the tall screen up or with a short screen- you might not get to see the baby as quickly, though.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    imageDestinationWeddingKeyWest:
    if I'm having a planned c/s, can I request that they let the cord stop pulsing or at least wait 30 seconds before cutting it?  Hmmm...I will add it to my list of questions.  Has anyone heard about this?
    True, I'm ok with that though...as long as there's a good reason.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In some cases this may be posiible, but from the c-sections I have attended it would not have been. Often times the baby needs to be taken over to the warmer and suctioned right away. They don't get the "squeeze" a vag delivery would have and waiting a minute or two could be very dangerous. I would definitely talk to your OB about it and see what they say.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Babywearing, cloth diapering, formula and breastmilk feeding, still can't believe I'm a mom, momma to my little man, two furbabies, and two angel babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"