Special Needs

Maryland Moms (part 2)

Happy to announce I just set up a yahoo group!

Search specialmoms_MD in yahoo groups

I hope we can use this to set up playdates, trade ideas, and make connections.

I'm new to Yahoo groups so if there's something that should be changed please let me know!

Re: Maryland Moms (part 2)

• oooh! good idea!  We can just try word of mouth for now to recruit other mommies and see how that works.  If we need to, in the future, we could put a small add in Baltimore Child about the yahoo group....

I asked at KKI this morning if they ever hosted playgroups and Jennifer said "unfortunately no" She did say that "Rebounders" has a sensory class or program.

I am willing to host a playgroup at my house. We have a finished room in the basement that could hold 3-4 kiddos and mommies. Another option is to meet some Sunday afternoon at a park somewhere that has good play stuff and spread out a blanket for the little ones in the shade. We could just make it a standing date and change the park locations around.

***runs to join yahoo group***

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• I never even thought of facebook! hmmm that sort of shows my age huh?

The other way to let people know is through your therapist. I gave the yahoo group name to our OT and Vision teacher today to share with any mommies with little ones wanting to get together.

Also, Anne Marie, our vision teacher said there is a play/support group through Baltimore City Infants and Toddlers called PIES. I will try and get more info on that.

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Loading the player...
  • awesome about the facebook.  i never thought of that...used to yahoo.

i joined the facebook group.  i'll leave the yahoo up for now though.  i think fb is a much better way to connect with people though! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"