3rd Trimester

37 weeks at a wedding

Sooo one of my best friends from High School is getting married this Saturday....so little did I know I was going to be going into my 38 weeks of pregnancy since this was a big surprise!! I dont know what to do...PLEASE HELP!! I RSVP because I do want to see her get married but I think im more mad because my hormones are ragging right now and I cant seem to get along with anyone! Devil I dont want to go and pretend to be nice its going to be 90degrees out I have NOTHING to wear- I mean really who wants to spend money on a dress you really will never ever wear agian...im so stuck I think my best luck would be to go into labor tomorrow or Saturday morning huh!!! 

Re: 37 weeks at a wedding

• I don't know but I'm going to a wedding on July 11th and I'm due July 25th so I'll be pretty pregnant and I can't wait because it'll be my last big party before the baby comes.  But the wedding is indoors in a banquet hall so the weather won't matter.  Is yours outside?  Also I bought a dress at target for $25.00 btw so I didn't have to spend much money.  Plus I got the invitation like 4 months ago and the save the date like over 6 months ago so I knew I was going to pregnant from the very beginning.  I admit I was much more enthusiastic about going before I was 34 weeks pregnant, but I think it will be fun.

Plus, you don't have to stay all night since you have a great excuse for leaving early.  I think my DH and I are staying until about 11 pm at the absolutest latest. 

Good luck and if you're going to be very uncomfortable and hot (if it's outdoors especially) just politely decline just make sure you give her plenty of notice and buy a nice gift and you should be fine!

• You could always try to get a maxi dress to wear... you'll be able to wear that post PG...
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a good friend come to my wedding about 37-38 weeks pregnant.  She came to the ceremony and stayed through dinner.  I know you might not want to hear it but it made a difference to me that she made all that effort even though she had to be miserable.
  • I went to a summer wedding when I was 36 weeks Preggo with DS#1. I went to a few stores and sound this seriously stretchy dress that had a lace over it. Is was on clearance and so I scored! Even if you go just for the wedding and skip the ceremony I am sure your friend will understand. Oh and go shopping and have fun, try not to stress. GL
  • I would try to go.  First of all, you already rsvp'd yes and if you don't go, she will be paying for your food that you don't eat.  Second, as others posters said, you could get an inexpensive but cute dress at some place like Target.  I have a very cute maternity maxi dress from there that I love and I know I'll be able to wear it post-baby too.  It was like $30.  Wear comfortable but cute shoes (silver flip flops, or a low wedge/kitten heel).  Enjoy doing your hair and makeup and just go for as long as you feel comfortable.  It may actually be fun b/c people will be making a big deal about how cute and super pregnant you are.  Have a spin around the dance floor with your husband and then head home.  Your friend will appreciate having you there! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're going to a wedding on Saturday night.  I don't think it's that big of a deal...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage
  • I have my DH's cousin's wedding next Friday.. just about 38 weeks preg.  I am a little concerned about the heat and the comfort level.. but I think it will be ok.  I haven't bought anything yet b/c I'm torn between finding a long dress (to hide my swelling legs/feet and totally not formal shoes that are the only ones that will fit) or getting something short and finding decent shoes in a bigger size.  I bought compression stockings but was a total fail at trying to put them on for work the other day... even with DH's help! I'm sure I can get them on if I try a little harder but we were rushing for work and I was overheating (what else is new). 

So... I understand your frustration about what to wear and how to deal with the situation with the hormones and all.. but.. I think you'll be fine.  I've concluded that if it takes buying a stupid expensive dress that I will only wear this once to make myself feel a little "pretty" then so be it. I'm just waiting till literally the last minute to buy something... JUST IN CASE! :) Have fun and if anything.. think of it this way - dancing at the wedding may help set labor in motion!

• I went to a wedding when I was pg with my DD at 39 weeks and it was the middle of August. I actually had a lot of fun!
  • imagelms_bride:
    I would try to go.  First of all, you already rsvp'd yes and if you don't go, she will be paying for your food that you don't eat.  Second, as others posters said, you could get an inexpensive but cute dress at some place like Target.  I have a very cute maternity maxi dress from there that I love and I know I'll be able to wear it post-baby too.  It was like $30.  Wear comfortable but cute shoes (silver flip flops, or a low wedge/kitten heel).  Enjoy doing your hair and makeup and just go for as long as you feel comfortable.  It may actually be fun b/c people will be making a big deal about how cute and super pregnant you are.  Have a spin around the dance floor with your husband and then head home.  Your friend will appreciate having you there! 

Ditto all of this, but especially the first part.  You already said you'd be going.  You knew you'd be largely pregnant at this time when you said yes, so I don't see why you would back out now.

Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • I will be a bridesmaid in July & I'll be 37 weeks. It is an outdoor wedding & the dress is black & floor length. You will be fine, just dress light and put your hair up. Walgreens and Walmart sell small hand held battery operated fans, stash one of those in your purse.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"