Secondary IF
Options

xp: cd12 u/s - good or bad?

i had my cycle day 12 ultrasound today to check my follicle size before we trigger. i have a 32mm (!), a 17mm, and a 15mm. we're triggering tomorrow (after we let the lining thicken a bit more, i'm only at 7 today).

does anyone have any experience with a gigantic follicle? i'm thinking things look pretty good, but with the huge follicle, i'm not so sure....

Re: xp: cd12 u/s - good or bad?

• Options
    I had a 22 (I know not nearly as big)  but I have also had three mature follicles and didn't get pregnant that cycle.  I actually ended with a cyst after that cycle.  Based on your blood work they can estimate whether all three have eggs. 
  • Options
    Indifferent  32!!!!  WOW!!!  Well you had me curious and so I googled it and some women have had those big follies.  So I wouldn't count that one out.  As for the other two they sound like winners for a late trigger tomorrow Smile  GL!  Are you doing IUI or TI?Also, follow up w/your doctor if you get any odd bleeding or pain!  I remember I had a big "follie" that was in the 20's on like cycle 2 last time around (I went to cycle 6 that time) that actually was a killer cyst.  So keep an eye open... big cysts SUCK! 
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we're doing TI. we bd'd last night in case the 32 ovulates on its own and then we'll trigger today in hopes that maybe the other 2 will ovulate. *fingers crossed!*
  • Options

From what my RE (well, two actually) have told me, anything over a certain size (maybe 25 or so) normally is a cyst.  I think that is why they will trigger people when follicles get to be a certain size....to prevent that from happening.  

But you have two other excellent follicles, so good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"