Detroit Babies
Options

sitter/nanny $$

I know it varies depending on where you live across the country, but I was just wondering how much you paid your nanny or babysitter per hour?Do you include anything else on top of that?Also, I was just curious,  if you use one full time (30-40 hours per week) do you pay them a set fee, or find it easier to pay them by the hour?I'm really looking forward to hearing your answers.TIA!   

Re: sitter/nanny $$

• Options
    Our dd will be going to a sitter in the fall. She charges a flat $5.00/hour. It's a little more money than we'd hoped but we really like her. She offered to provide food for our dd, but I think I'm leaning towards taking our own food. That way I can kind of control what she has for breakfast/lunch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i'm actually currently working as a nanny until september (when i will have one of my own to nannySmile). previously my nanny jobs have paid by the hour, but this family does a set amount per day, which really helps a lot- i don't have to keep track of my hours, and if they're 10 minutes late one day or 10 minutes early another we don't have to do any extra math. so if you are planning on the same general amount of hours per week, i would recommend going with the set fee.

i've only ever nannied older kids after school, so i don't know what the going rate is for little ones.

HTH!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm currently a nanny as well.  In this area the rate for an experienced nanny is anywhere from $10-15/hr.  The price varies depending on how many kids you have, how much experience the nanny has, and if there's any travel.  You may be able to find a baby-sitter in high school or who just started college for $8 or $9 an hour.  I get paid hourly, but a lot of families by a weekly salary which is completely fine!
  • Options

Depending where you live, I think the price would vary.  There's a new website where you can type in your zip code and it gives you the going rate.  Here's the article: https://bit.ly/ala5ga

Has nannies, dag walkers, babysitters and more...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"