Multiples
Options

cramping vs. contractions?

Hi girls, I could really use your help again! I was up all night last night with pretty painful cramping - my stomach was hard as a rock on the top and middle part ( it's too jiggly to ever get solid on the bottom part! ) with what felt like really bad menstrual cramps - I wasn't able to "time" them or count them because they just kind of came on in waves.

Went to the GP this morning, who listened to the girls and said everything is fine, but if it happens again go into L&D straight away, as they could very well have been contractions.

What does it sound like to you girls? Isn't 30 weeks waaaaay too early to be having these types of cramps? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: cramping vs. contractions?

• Options
    They sound like contractions to me. I went into PTL at 29 weeks so it's not too early. Next time it happens definitely call your doctor.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cadencaden member
    It does sound like contractions to me. I had minor cramping that turned out to be contractions. I felt no tightening at all. I'm much earlier than you so I was put on meds & bedrest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it happens again, I would go to L&D.  Don't mess around.  If you are starting to have contractions they need to get them under control.  Even if they send you home as just normal cramping/growing, it is worth the trip to know that everything is ok.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We very well may end up going to L&D this evening - I've been having them off and on all day at work and am not enjoying this at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"