LGBT Parenting

Hormones? Actin' like a straight girl about a shower!

Oh Lord...

So two women I know from one of my communities asked if they could throw me a shower.  I said YES and introduced them figuring they'd work it all out and we'd just agree on a day and give them the emails of everyone we want to invite...

Hadn't heard anything except a tentative date in early Aug. Fine. A bunch more days go by and I'm kind of thinking it would be good to get the invite out so people can mark their calendars, right?  Cause people like to go away in Aug and if they had dates to pick between, maybe they'd come to the shower.

Today I send the what's up email...no word from number one.  word from number 2: "I can't be the organizer.  I can only help."

My first reaction is: JESUS CHRIST! why did you ask to throw me a shower thinking you'd only be able to help and not plan it?  I called M and she thought it wasn't a big deal.  Maybe I'm hormonal-but back me up here Women.  Am I supposed to plan my own shower? No, I didn't think so.  (put on whiny, pouty face).

poo.

I even told another woman who wanted to throw us one-no because I thought we were covered with the other people who asked.

wahhhhhh. cryin' like my baby probably would....

just need to release. thanks for reading.

seahorse mama

Re: Hormones? Actin' like a straight girl about a shower!

• I understand your frustration!  One of my friend's volunteered to throw me a shower back in January (scheduled shower end of May).  I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for them to mention something.  FInally mid-April I flat out ask what the H is going on and they tell me they cannot do it!  WTF???? Why did you wait so late to tell me? I had already told my MIL someone was planning one so she did not have to! I was talking to one of my friends (who was patiently waiting an invite...lol) about it and she graciously volunteered to take it on at the last minute.  I was so grateful for her stepping in...maybe someone will be able to do that for you?  I hope it all works out!    
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • That stinks!

I don' think it is acting like a stright girl - I think it is acting like a person who expects her friends to follow through on their commitments.  Smile

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Straight girls have nothing to do with it-just felt like being silly. (sorry straighty lurkers!)   M told me to wait 24 hrs before taking any action and low and behold-this AM we get a note from one who says everything is under control and to email her our list of folks.  can I say: Whew? 

Still more drama coming about who to invite/not invite now...pray for us!  It's supposed to be fun, right? 

• Actually you handle it pretty well I would completely flipped out. Thats why me and C have completely done everything on our on just so we don have to deal wit the head ache of anything we have ppl who are involved and are doing things but we have all the say so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"