2nd Trimester
Options

My Belly

Ok so I am 19wks and I have been wondering about my belly. I am 5'2 and before pregnancy I was what you would call curvy. I fell like it is really early for me to be showing as much as I am. I have a friend who is due in august and when I look back at her pictures at 19wks she was not showing nearly as much as I am. Can it fluctuate that much, am I worrying about nothing. The doctor says everything is healthy and has no concerns. I am just curious as to why I am already getting big and does that mean I am going to be huge by the time it is all over with? Someone said it might be bc I am so short. Any thoughts?

Re: My Belly

• Options
    Its because everybody is built differently.  It depends on your muscle tone, length of your torso and position of the baby.  You'll pop more if the baby is closer to the front of the ut, and if you have a shorter torso.  Be thankful that your showing..Haha at least people wont mistake it for rolls Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Everyone carries differently.  It's probably mostly due to your height.  I'm 20 wks but not showing much (to people who don't know me), but I'm also 5'10" so it may take a while.  My mom is short and she showed early w/ her pregnancies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am 5'0" and I just found out at the doctor's this morning that I have gained 16 pounds.  In my opinion, it is all in my belly.  I would say that I have had a noticeable (not huge or anyting) bump for about 6 weeks.  I honestly think it is because I am short. I just have a really short torso and there isn't a lot of space for the weight to be spread out.  I don't have any encouragement- just know that you aren't alone!  I am kind of wondering the same thing as you, but I guess if the doctor isn't concerned, there is no reason for us to be. 

Good luck!

• Options
    imagekyrastapp:
    Its because everybody is built differently.  It depends on your muscle tone, length of your torso and position of the baby.  You'll pop more if the baby is closer to the front of the ut, and if you have a shorter torso.  Be thankful that your showing..Haha at least people wont mistake it for rolls Smile
    Yes
  • Options

Meh.

Everyone's built differently.  I had a friend who is 5'3", and by the time she was 20 weeks pregnant, she looked like she was 45 weeks. 

I'm 5'7", and at 22 weeks, my tummy has only looked like a baby bump for about a month or so...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm 21 wks and still not showing much at all.  My friends out-of-town are bugging me for bump pics but I keep telling them that it just looks like I had a big lunch :P 

Everybody is different.  There are so many important things to worry about while you're pregnant.  I really wouldn't let your weight be one of them.

• Options
    I am 15 weeks and feel like I look much farther along.  Even though the ultrasound saw only 1 baby, I always wonder if it's two (ha ha).  I am actually glad I am showing more so that it is more obvious to people it's a baby and not just a big lunch.
  • Options
    I'm 5'4" & 19 weeks & I just look like I had a big meal. It has been like that for a while now & I hope I start growing a baby bump SOON. I am sick of looking like I "put on a couple pounds" lol even though I have only gained 5lbs so far. I envy the girls who have cute baby bumps already ;)
  • Options
    kg_08kg_08 member
    It's perfectly normal to be showing now. I'm 5'6", and 125 pre pregnancy and was showing by then. A friend of mine who is the same height, but even 10 lbs lighter than me didn't pop until 24 weeks... it happens at different times for everyone. I wouldn't worry!
  • Options
    I am 5'8 and at 20 weeks everyone thought I was farther along then I was. I had only gained about 5 pounds at that point also so I don't think there is really any way you can predict when you will pop and how big that pop will be. I am personally happy that I popped sooner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"