2nd Trimester
Options

1 hr. glucose test failure...

WTF!  I was 135 and they don't want it higher than 128.  I have to do the 3 hr and I am nervous.  I didn't have any problems when pregnant with O...I told you I hate this pregnancy.  Good thing there is a baby at the end or else I'd really be miserable.

Sorry for venting.

Re: 1 hr. glucose test failure...

• Options
    Sorry to hear that! GL with the 3 hour. i hope you pass it!
  • Options
    I'm sorry. :( I hope it was just a fluke and you pass the 3 hour with flying colors.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh no!  But at least 135 is very close to 128?

When are you doing the 3 hour?  :::here's to passing that damn 3 hour!:::

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry. :(  As PP said, these results could be a fluke. Let's hope for a better result with the 3-hour test. 
    "To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    Oh no! I'm surprised they consider that a fail. I thought most dr's wanted it 140 or lower. 135 isn't bad! I'm sure you'll pass the 3 hour with flying colors =) KUP
  • Options
    I'm sorry! I really hope the 3 hour gives you better results. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemonkiem:

She is sending me a 3 day diet I have to follow and I will need an appointment.  The only positive is the lab has wifi!!!  So, until then I am going to eat ice cream and chips.

• Options
    That sucks!  I hope you pass the three hour test!
  • Options
    imagewife1014:
    imagemonkiem:

She is sending me a 3 day diet I have to follow and I will need an appointment.  The only positive is the lab has wifi!!!  So, until then I am going to eat ice cream and chips.

Can I come over and eat ice cream and chips with you?  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That is supremely annoying! I hope you pass the 3 hour, though it sounds like you shouldn't have any problems, so fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I heard that the majority of people who fail the 1-hr test pass the 3-hr test.  Good luck
  • Options

dont worry too much, I failed the first one, but past the 3-hour test, so I'm sure you'll pass. Good Luck.

• Options

I had a very similar experience with DS.  They wanted 135 and I failed with 138.  I passed the 3 hour with flying colors.  Did you fast before this test?  I am convinced I failed with DS because I ate a Hershey Kiss about 45 minutes before given the drink.

Good luck!! 

• Options
    I did that test early I think b/c of my weight and failed the 1hr one MISERABLY!!!!  A friend of mine is a nurse and she said that she truly doesn't know why they give the 1hr one b/c more people fail than pass it.  But I was terrified to do the 3 hour one.  I passed with flying colors though!!!  I'm sure you'll be fine!
  • Options
    thanks for the encouragement ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"