3rd Trimester
Options

Um, it's not a salad...

My MIL and SIL keep calling a Cesarean Section a "Cesear" -- it's not a salad people ;) 

Re: Um, it's not a salad...

• Options
    Isn't it actually named after Caesar?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I want one ... the salad, that is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So they just say caesar section? hahaha

• Options

I could really eat a ceasar salad now...haha, damn.

• Options

c&p:

There are three theories about the origin of the name:

1. The name for the procedure is said to derive from a Roman legal code called "Lex Caesarea", which allegedly contained a law prescribing that the baby be cut out of its mother's womb in the case that she dies before giving birth.[5]
    2. The derivation of the name is also often attributed to an ancient story, told in the first century A.D. by Pliny the Elder, which claims that an ancestor of Caesar was delivered in this manner.[6]
    3. An alternative etymology suggests that the procedure's name derives from the Latin verb caedere (supine stem caesum), "to cut," in which case the term "Caesarean section" is redundant. Proponents of this view consider the traditional derivation to be a false etymology, though the supposed link with Julius Caesar has clearly influenced the spelling. (A corollary suggesting that Julius Caesar himself derived his name from the operation is refuted by the fact that the cognomen "Caesar" had been used in the Julii family for centuries before his birth,[7] and the Historia Augusta cites three possible sources for the name Caesar, none of which have to do with Caesarean sections or the root word caedere.)

• Options

Et tu Brute??

ok bad joke....

• Options
    imagejuliafthompson:

So they just say caesar section? hahaha

No, they just say Caesar...no section...I thought I misheard the first time I heard one of them say it...but, it was written in an email to me today! 

And Lexi, I have no idea! ;)

• Options

Ha--that would annoy the crap out of me.  Then again, pretty much everything on earth except my DH and the bump annoy me lately.  :)

BTW, I've read that there is no possible way that the story about Caesar being delivered via C-section could be true, since his mother was alive and kicking after his birth, and the procedure would have killed her at the time.  Of course, I'm too lazy to go do any research to back this up, so who knows?

J15 Dec Siggy Challenge: Awkward Christmas Photos

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Fur Baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Options
    imageallyandpat2010:

Et tu Brute??

ok bad joke....

How pathetic that I think of the Geni in Alladin when I hear that!? Haha ;) 

• Options
    imageamy0105:
    imageallyandpat2010:

Et tu Brute??

ok bad joke....

How pathetic that I think of the Geni in Alladin when I hear that!? Haha ;) 

Haha thats bad! Specially since you don't have kids yet!

• Options
    This made me laugh out loud.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"