Detroit Babies

Daycare

For those of you that use a daycare, how many days do you plan to use it?

Full time/Part time?

How much is day rate? Part time/ Full time?

Do you use in home daycare or center?

How did you start the process, did you just call for prices, meet with them and find out prices. I am lost on where to start and what price sounds reasonable?

DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz

Re: Daycare

• Full time/Part time? Full time

How much is day rate? Part time/ Full time? We pay monthly which was cheaper and we got a 100 off a month deal when we signed but I am not sure what we pay exactly. It is around 750-850 a month.

Do you use in home daycare or center? Center

How did you start the process, did you just call for prices, meet with them and find out prices. I am lost on where to start and what price sounds reasonable? I looked at the michigan state site that shows licenses and incidents. I also have a hook up that could inform me on other info. Than I went to the places and asked a bunch of questions/toured.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • For those of you that use a daycare, how many days do you plan to use it? we use it 4/5 days per week

Full time/Part time? Full Time, our center only offers full time b/c of the huge wait list.

How much is day rate? Part time/ Full time? We pay $552/month it works out to be like $25/day I think

Do you use in home daycare or center? We are in a center, we get an awesome deal, it is at my place of employement (detroit arsenal - I am a DOD/Army Civilian)

How did you start the process, did you just call for prices, meet with them and find out prices. I am lost on where to start and what price sounds reasonable? I started when I first got pregnant I always knew I wanted to try and get in here b/c it is on location with my job, I was lucky to get in with my first and now I am trying to get my second (due 9/3/10) in.  I would pay more for a center b/c I would prefer that to an inhome center, for an inhome center I think $25-$30/day is reasonable, for a center you will probably find more like $50-$60/day is my guess.

• Loading the player...
  • Full time/Part time? Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays (all day).

How much is day rate? Part time/ Full time? We pay $51/per day. It's less for full-time ... maybe by $5/day. This is our second center. We used to pay $850/month for part-time (or $65/day) ... so the prices can vary. You also get discounts for milestones, such as out of diapers, second child, etc.

Do you use in home daycare or center? Family-owned center

How did you start the process, did you just call for prices, meet with them and find out prices. I am lost on where to start and what price sounds reasonable? I asked for recommendations on here and from friends. I also checked out the state of Michigan's site. For her first daycare, I got info about an open house (it was a new center), and we just knew it was the right place for her. In January, we switched to a center closer to home. Our neighbor's DD already went there and recommended it.

Good luck!

• how many days do you plan to use it? My kids go 4 days a week, the 5th they are with my mom

How much is day rate? Part time/ Full time? $30 per day per child, $15 per day if you are there only 1/2 a day

Do you use in home daycare or center? In Home

How did you start the process, did you just call for prices, meet with them and find out prices. I knew I wanted them to be in a in-home daycare and not a center.  I started with the Macomb County 4C's website.  They list all the licensed daycare's there.  I called first, talked to them and got a feel if we 'clicked' Then my husband and myself went on a tour of the ones I liked from the phone interviews.  Good luck, I went with my gut, and we found a perfect fit for my kids and family.

• For those of you that use a daycare, how many days do you plan to use it?Full time/Part time?  Full TimeHow much is day rate? Part time/ Full time?  $28/dayDo you use in home daycare or center? home.  Previously was at a center (cost was $60 more/week!)How did you start the process, did you just call for prices, meet with them and find out prices. I am lost on where to start and what price sounds reasonable?  I looked on the Michigan State licensing website, checked for violations, asked for references.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"