2nd Trimester
Options

Pretty freaked...

LO hasn't moved much since 7 am this morning.  If he has it's been really small and faint pops.  I've been exhausted today... and haven't had a lot to eat cause I've been sleeping pretty much ALL day.  Should I call... or wait?

Re: Pretty freaked...

• Options
    This happened with DS at 32 weeks and I went and got monitored and he was just lazy that day.  They had me drink cold fruit juice and stay there for about 2 hours for monitoring and he did just fine.  But if you feel like you should be monitored just for your peace of mind then I'd call.  No harm at all!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    eat something first. get up and move around a bit and see if those work to make LO wake up before calling. But then, if you're really worried, you should call. I'm not a professional.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would just wait, some days I don't feel LO move at all and I get all freaked out then when I lay down at night and relax he starts going crazy or sometimes its even been more than 24hours before I feel him, I asked my doc at the last appointment she said it was fine and very normal but if you need reassurance than just call if it will ease your nerves no matter how many people tell you its ok you may not feel better til you hear it from the doc/nurse
  • Options

I'm sure everything is OK with him....try drinking something very cold pretty quickly and see if that gets him moving. Or try giving him a few pokes.

Until you feel him though, you are going to be freaked out, so maybe a call to the OB for your own piece of mind is in order.

• Options
    I got a paper from my hospital saying when this happens try eatting a small meal then lay on your left side. Count the kicks if you have less then 10 in 2 hours call your doctor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not something to really worry about until week 30 and by then he should be moving a certain amount every two hours, but right now its sporadic.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options

At 24 weeks it is not expected to feel regular movement. Kick counts start at 28 weeks.

If you are worried then by all means call your OB.  That is what they are there for.  But with my first pregnancy I'm sure I went a few days without feeling the baby at all at 24 weeks.

• Options
    Not saying it's the best course of action but I used to drink a Dr. Pepper when I really needed some kick-reassurance. Worked every time. Most of the time if you call your doc they'll send you in to be monitored just to be safe, which I definitely did a couple times. Everything was always ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"