2nd Trimester
Options

Drug screening Test

Just got my bill from the lab and the charges total over $1000. My main concern is that I was tested for a bunch of drugs 9identified by numbers only) totaling over $200. Have no prior drug abuse history or any wonky stuff, so just wondering if this is standard or if I should be concerned. I don't remember this with my other two. Anyone have a similar experience?

Re: Drug screening Test

• Options
    My Bill was pretty high it was around 900$ as well but I dont remember what was on it. Maybe they were just being super in depth... I would call and ask theres a billing questions number on there isnt there?
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mika06mika06 member

imageceeceesean:
    Just got my bill from the lab and the charges total over $1000. My main concern is that I was tested for a bunch of drugs 9identified by numbers only) totaling over $200. Have no prior drug abuse history or any wonky stuff, so just wondering if this is standard or if I should be concerned. I don't remember this with my other two. Anyone have a similar experience?

Never heard of this unless they suspect something and you have to sign off for drug testing even in pregnancy. (I used to work for a mental health center which is how I know this they can't do this without your permission or talk to anyone unless your on some kind of probation). I would ask the doctor about the unnecessry testing but if you sign off that you were ok with the tests they would be taking you may have no recourse.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That seems odd to me as well.  Call you doctor and check on what was ordered.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

On the bottom of my lab order this time, there was a line marked "Random Drug Test." When I asked the doc about it, he said the computer picks people at random for the drug test, and it is required under IL law. (Just like knowing the mother's HIV status before delivery or the baby must be tested. If they didn't do a test during pregnancy, they would test the baby.)

I don't remember ever seeing it on my lab bill, though.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options

imageBrezza:
    Woah! No, I didn't have any drug testing done. I would call your doctor and ask about it.

In my area, they routinely test for drugs and often don't tell you about it. I used to work for Child Protective Services and that's how they are able to tell which mother's are using while they are pregnant. Also, FYI, when I went in for my appt. I was talking to the nurse about this and asked her what they do if someone refuses to test and they said they (at least Kaiser does) takes the baby away immediately after birth to bag the first urine before giving the baby back. They've had to start explaining this to moms because they would refuse to allow their urine to be tested for drugs, not knowing this and thinking they had nothing to hide, so no reason to test.

• Options
    Some states have random drug tests on all moms-to-be's urine tests; I found in Texas, they do not have to tell you ahead of time what they are testing for in urine in addition to proteins and sugars.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options

When I was filling out all that paper work at the first appt. there was a section on one of the forms saying that I had to sign off for random drug testing....I haven't had any tests done, but do remember thinking it was strange that they might do that.

I feel like it's a way for the insurance companies to make money.  Ugh.

imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"