Trouble TTC
Options

clomid & prednisone

can you take them together?  I'm on cd1 and need to take clomid starting cd5.  I started prednisone friday and will be on it for 10 days for an allergy issue.  

Re: clomid & prednisone

• Options
    You should probably call your doc tomorrow just to be sure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope, prednisone causes birth defects, can't take it while ttc.  You have to take the cycle off.  I had this happen to me last summer for the same reason.
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    STL34STL34 member
    I would ask your doctor.  Prednisone is a category C drug for pregnancy.  It is considered acceptable to use Prednisone to treat autoimmune diseases while TTC and pregnant, but that may be one of those the benefit out weighs the risk situations.  

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    thanks for all the responses.  Will def. call my ob/gyn tomorrow!
  • Options
    I was on intravenous prednisone for 6 months (SUCKED). While my nephrologist and high-risk OB said we could TTC if we wanted while on it since I have a short timeframe, we decided it was best not to. It was an easy decision for us, though, because I was on 1 whole gram a day for a few days every other month and 17.5 mg in between whereas 50mg a day is considered a high dose. 

It's one of those drugs that they consider "acceptable risk" if it's going to hurt you a lot to not be on it. It increases the chance of cleft palate. 

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"