2nd Trimester
Options

Has no one heard of birth control?

I got on Facebook this morning... and there were two new pregnancy announcements (nothing new, really).

But.  Thing is.  Both of these girls are really good friends from high school.  One is 22, one is barely (as in last week) 21... and both have announced they are pregnant with their THIRD babies.  THIRD.

My 22 year old friend... is completely reliant on the state (food stamps, wic, welfare... the works) and is in the process of getting divorced from her husband.  So.  They were having unprotected sex (she admitted to this) while going through with divorce proceedings because "birth control is to expensive."  The kicker is... they're Army... Tricare completely covers birth control.

Seriously, I don't get the way some people think.

Re: Has no one heard of birth control?

• Options
    I guess they haven't heard about what a condom is.  They're pretty cheap.
  • Options
    Wowwww!  Even Planned Parenthood gives away free condoms... THIRD child????
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tricare doesn't completely cover birth control but it definitely makes it affordable.  its a ridiculous excuse.  and if you're getting divorced, why would you still be intimate with one another.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• Options

Wow

I'm almost 24 and thought I was going to be a young mommy! 3 by 21 is pretty crazy in my opinion. Birth control is much cheaper than a child!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Stuff like this really pisses me off. You're 21 or 22, theres no way you can financially support 3 kids, especially on your own. So why do it? Why not take precautions to prevent this from happening? I don't understand it. There are so many women out there dying to have babies but can't, and here they are bringing them into the world when they can't afford them.     Get a clue  b!tches!
  • Options

imagedanienross:
    tricare doesn't completely cover birth control but it definitely makes it affordable.  its a ridiculous excuse.  and if you're getting divorced, why would you still be intimate with one another.

All she had to pay was a $5 co-pay for the exam/dr. visit, and if she chose the pill (vs the patch or whatever) it was completely free (this is all from here AFTER she got knocked up).  So, five bucks is more expensive than I child I guess!

• Options
    Em208Em208 member

These stories make me sick. I work with AFDC recipients and you may think that buying condoms is more affordable than having a child but when when the state covers your a$$ who cares how many kids you have?

Birth control should be a requirement for receiving welfare.

• Options
    imagelake919:

imagedanienross:

All she had to pay was a $5 co-pay for the exam/dr. visit, and if she chose the pill (vs the patch or whatever) it was completely free (this is all from here AFTER she got knocked up).  So, five bucks is more expensive than I child I guess!

that is crazy.  thats better than i paid with my tricare and i thought i had it good.  right now we're struggling financially and i could still come up with $5.  heck i was coming up with the $9 a month i was paying for birth control because i knew we weren't ready for kids.  God had other plans though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• Options

Whoa, this blew my mind.

Planned Parenthood gives BC away like candy in Indiana. Tell them to move here and she won't have to worry about the cost. Geez...

Better yet, tell her to stay there. Enough of my tax money is going to take care of those that are milking the system.

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagepiecesofflare:
    Silly idiots.  Babies cost way more than birth control.

Words taken out of my mouth.

imageimage    
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageEm208:

A-farkin-men! No offense to your friend, but she is the kind of person that makes me hate paying taxes to raise their farking families when they don't take any repsonsibility to stop having kids or get a damn job and pay for their own sh!t. I want to throat punch these dumb b!tches when I see them (and they are all over my city.)

Also why the hell were they still having sex mid-divorce? In MD they would not be granted a divorce if she got pg by him while separated.

• Options
    imagemoonfaerie:
    imageEm208:

A-farkin-men! No offense to your friend, but she is the kind of person that makes me hate paying taxes to raise their farking families when they don't take any repsonsibility to stop having kids or get a damn job and pay for their own sh!t. I want to throat punch these dumb b!tches when I see them (and they are all over my city.)

Also why the hell were they still having sex mid-divorce? In MD they would not be granted a divorce if she got pg by him while separated.

She is my friend, but she completely pisses me off.  Haha.  I feel the SAME way about her.

I wish that was the case here.  So they couldn't get divorced.  I feel really bad for her husband (or ex... or whatever you call him)... because she told him she was on birth control ALL THREE TIMES and it "failed."   But, as her best friend, I know she wasn't on BC... cause now she admits it.  Haha.  Poor guy is only 20... got her pregnant when we has almost 17 Indifferent 

• Options
    imageMrsQueale:

imagepiecesofflare:
    Silly idiots.  Babies cost way more than birth control.

Words taken out of my mouth.

Agreed

<3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Options
    That's infuriating. My cousin got knocked up with this guy she knew for a few months. They ended up getting married, she is co-owner of her own business yet she is somehow on WIC too. I just don't get it. Why do all the rest of us have to work our butts off to do things right and then there are idiots like that that get gov support. Unbelievable.
  • Options

I agree! 

Everyone and their freaking mothers on my facebook is pregnant and most are in the same situation as one of your friends.

Some people are just irresponsible, but thats their perogative. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That kinda stuff drives me nuts!
  • Options
    How are they in the army and on food stamps? Doesn't the army pay really well??
  • Options

imageabovewedding:

This was my question. I know how much the Army pays. DH is Army. And if they are BOTH in then they should in NO way qualify for any sort of state help. Even if the just the husband was in they really shouldn't be qualified to get anything. Army gets housing allowances, food allowances, clothes allowances...so um please tell me how they are scamming the government to get help. 

• Options
    imageJoBieger05:

imageabovewedding:

This was my question. I know how much the Army pays. DH is Army. And if they are BOTH in then they should in NO way qualify for any sort of state help. Even if the just the husband was in they really shouldn't be qualified to get anything. Army gets housing allowances, food allowances, clothes allowances...so um please tell me how they are scamming the government to get help. 

I've been trying to figure this out myself... I don't know.  Thier both not in, just he is... and I know he's a pretty low rank.  I have no idea what he makes, or what the income qualifications are.  It's weird tho.

• Options
    imagelake919:
    imageJoBieger05:

imageabovewedding:

This was my question. I know how much the Army pays. DH is Army. And if they are BOTH in then they should in NO way qualify for any sort of state help. Even if just the husband was in they really shouldn't be qualified to get anything. Army gets housing allowances, food allowances, clothes allowances...so um please tell me how they are scamming the government to get help. 

I've been trying to figure this out myself... I don't know.  Thier both not in, just he is... and I know he's a pretty low rank.  I have no idea what he makes, or what the income qualifications are.  It's weird tho.

Craziness...lol

• Options
    Yeah I was curious because I have a friend who is a mechanic and during his first year he was making more than his parents. AND you don't have to pay for your schooling, housing etc...so it all goes in the bank. He's in the Canadian military but I couldn't imagine it being much different?
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I think everyone here is very well aware of my stance on this sh!t.  I find horror in it on so many levels.

• Options
    wow...you all make me feel really bad about myself. ummmm im almost 26, having my third....my husband and i support them all fine but, i still get wic just because, well, he works his butt off for us and its pretty much the only thing i can do to help out. sorry that everyone thinks helping other people who arent rolling in the dough is stupid. never thought id hear that from a bunch of other moms. i agree that lying to her soon to be ex is completely wrong but...seriously, do we have to be catty and call people idiots, bitches, etc? c'mon...
  • Options
    imageEm208:

TOTALLY agree.  But y'know, you don't want to interfere with anyone's "human rights."  Like, maybe the poor kids'.  

• Options

While I'd agree that having sex with someone you're planning to divorce is a bad idea, and unprotected sex when you are not in a position to financially support another child is an even worse decision...I think it is hardly fair of you to lump every young mother into the category of being idiotic and irresponsible.  

I had my DS at 18, but had graduated high school two years prior and was beginning my 3rd year of college at the time.  I am now 21 years old, and own a fairly successful company.  While we are still renting, and do not yet own our own home (Orange County, Ca. has some pretty steep home prices) my DH and I are more than capable of supporting our son and the baby girl we have on the way.   

If you have never once struggled to make ends meet due to the financial strain of an unexpected medical expense, car accident, lay off etc. then I am happy to hear you've never experienced such hardship-you really should considered yourself blessed, but making such rash and cruel generalizations about everyone who receives aid is appalling.  

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
    Home Birthing-Breastfeeding-Cloth Diapering-Baby Wearing-CoSleeping-Delayed/Selective Vaccination Mama to Charlie (5yrs) and Madeline (21mos)
  • Options
    jensu82: Planned Parenthood in my part of Indiana does NOT give away birth control pills.  I was going there awhile back ago and they go by your income and we don't make alot, but I had to pay like $30. for 1 pack.  Planned Parenthood isn't as convenient as it used to be.  I do believe the lady told me that this was the cheapest that people have to pay.  They don't get all of the government assistance they used to.
  • Options
    I'm curious how they were eligible for government benefits since the Army makes a point to pay just above the cut-offs for hand-outs.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

Without living in their house and knowing the details of their finances and homes I have an incredibly hard time judging them.

*~*Mommy to*~*
    BFP#1 Kaitlyn 11-17-04
    BFP #2 Matthew pPROM 23w5d 06-03-07, b/33 weeks 8-6-07, d/10-15-07 SIDS,
    BFP #3 m/c 8 weeks 2/20/09, BFP #4 m/c no hb 6w4d, m/c 9w4d, D&C 11w2d, BFP #5 C/P 12/18/09 after BFP- 9dpo
    BFP #6 Samantha- 11-9-10
    BFP #7 4/20/12 21 DPO beta: 2382 29 DPO beta: 23000! HB 6w2d 116 bpm due Christmas day!
    This Momma's Journey
    ~Today I am pregnant and I love my baby~ BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"