Multiples
Options

Did you use a bassinet?

Did you use a bassinet in your room after your babies first came home?  If yes, did you seperate your twins in their own? 

Re: Did you use a bassinet?

• Options
    We used a PNP...the regular kind and we also used newborn positioners at first. It worked really well for us. They didn't come home until they were a month old and they slept in our room from the time they came home from the NICU until they were 5 months. It was purely for selfish reasons. I was nerbous to put them in their own room! Once we did though they slept much better in their seperate cribs!
  • Options
    i have 2 PNPs...there's no room for 2 more cribs in my house...Twins came as shock...even if we had room though, i'd go the same route...my son slept in a PNP in our room until about 4 months...hopefully when these 2 are that age we will have found a bigger house
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We set up a double pnp in our room and haven't used it. Owen & Zoe have been sleeping in bouncy seats and their cribs. Zoe makes alot of noise in her sleep and isn't as good a sleeper as Owen, so we gave up on putting them together in the crib.

Since its already been 2 weeks since we came home, I doubt we will use the bassinet.  Perhaps if we slept somewhere overnight...

• Options
    we had 2 of the Arms Reach Bedside Cosleeper bassinets - the minis.  Our babies did not sleep together at all - it's a SIDS risk and you can't use the Angelcare monitors if they are together either (well, you could use it but it wouldn't work since it would sense both of them moving)
  • Options

I planned to keep Emerson in her crib from the get go and used a moses baket a couple of times at first but, she ended up sleeping exclusively in her swing until I transitioned her to her crib at 4 months.

Really, you let them sleep where ever it is that they will sleep. lol-

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

my LOs shared a crib in our room until they started to wiggle too much (about 3 months) the only way i allowed them to share the crib was with positioners and swaddeled just in case they wiggled on each other.  once DD didnt want to be swaddeled any more seperate cribs it was. 

I didnt see the need to spend $ on bassinets seeing as they are in them for such a short period of time and i wasnt about to buy 2 i dont have that kind of $$

GL

• Options
    We plan on using two Graco travel lite cribs in our rooms.  They are light and will be easy to roll into another room if need be.  Plus they can be used as a mini playyard later on.  I'll let you know in a couple weeks!
    IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ditto this...only thing that made be able to sleep at night- rather than stare at them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"