1st Trimester
Options

Odds of seeing the heartbeat at 5w5d?

Hi guys,

I searched the internet and found a few people who saw the heartbeat at 5w5d.  How common is that?

It's just not possible for me to have the ultrasound after I'm 6 weeks, as the doctor would prefer, due to the doctor's vacation schedule and our move out of state at the end of the month. I think I'll be 5w5d for my appointment, but possibly only 5w4d.

Re: Odds of seeing the heartbeat at 5w5d?

• Options
    I heard a heart beat at my ultrasound at 5w 6d.  It was only 110 or so beats per minute and the tech said it was low because it was so early.  She said at my next ultrasound it will be higher.  So - I think it's possible based on my experience.
  • Options

I'm sure some ppl have.  But it's not likely, so don't be frustrated if you don't.

I'm about to move myself and due to insurance issues, I won't be able to see an OB until 12 wks for my FIRST visit.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had one at 5w3d and I couldn't see a hearbeat.  I saw one around 7 weeks.  Honestly, I wouldn't have gone that early if I had to do it again because it is only natural to worry if you don't see one.

Mom to 3 wonderful girls:
    Eva, born on 1/2/11
    Celia and Lily, born on 5/17/13
  • Options
    We saw the heartbeat at 5w5d. :)

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DX PCOS
    Success with #1 after Femara + Trigger + IUI Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I went in at 6w1d with the expectation that we wouldn't see anything but a sac (well, ok, I actually went in wit the expectation that we wouldn't see anything, but that is rather morose). Then when we saw babyblob with h/b it exceeded our expectations. So, I suggest going in expecting to not see it.
  • Options
    We saw the hb at 5w6d.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    blog : us doing things
    | married : 08.06.05 | sweet isla mae arrived : 01.15.11 |
  • Options

Thanks, guys!  So, it sounds like there's a real chance, anyway, but I'm definitely not expecting it.  I'm sure I'll worry anyway, if we don't see it, no matter what I say.

• Options
    Not sure, but we saw little heartbeats at 6w4d.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"