2nd Trimester
Options

Calling all CD mamas

When are you planning to wash your CDs to get them ready?

AND....

How are you going to store them? In a drawer? Cute basket?

I need ideas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Calling all CD mamas

• Options
    I boiled my organic prefolds this weekend, and will do a wash closer to October:) I need to purchase more. Right now, they are on the vanity in the baby's room(which is still the dog's room).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was planning on washing everything when I get a pretty good stash going. (Probably not until August - I am due October 6th.) I'm buying a bunch of different totes/wicker baskets in feminine colors for her future closet and stacking them all in those.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you bought new, you'll need to prep your diapers.  Any time I buy used (I also CD DS), I strip them to make sure that they're super clean.  We've dealt with yeast before with DS and it lives in the dipes if they're not treated and that's not something I want to bring into my house ;)

Ours are stored in a shelf in the nursery and it's worked well.  We tried the drawer, and it turned into two drawers and so on and soon we were without a functional dresser for other clothing ;)  FWIW, we don't have a separate change table...

DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Options

I will do my washing closer to due date. right now, they're sitting in the original packaging until i can get the nursery set up the way i want it.

I probably will have a few available in a cute basket on the changing table and for extra inserts, liners, etc; I'll have them in a drawer. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I am going to wash mine around week 36. We are not using them for the newborn stage. We got a bunch of bumgenius O/S and the baby has to be 10 lbs before we can use them. We are using the basket from pottery barn...the Sabrina diaper caddy to keep right beside the changing pad. That way a few diapers are easily accessible. The rest of the diapers will be in a drawer below. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm hoping to have the majority of my stash by the end of this summer, and will probably wash them then.  I'm planning to store them in the top dresser drawer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm not planning to wash everything until I've got my stash filled. I figure I'd wait until I can do them all at once. 

We're going to use the drawers in our changing table to store them. The one we plan to get has 3 different drawers... hopefully that'll be plenty of space.  

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • Options
    once I get my nursery set up (i'm due in Nov. and will start set-up in August after the move), I'll wash my stash and organize the cute covers in a basket I'm getting from www.target.com. They have lot's of organizing baskets for changing tables. the soakers and liners will go in the drawer (cuz they're not as cute).
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We just recently switched to CD with our LO, so not having any newborn size CDs yet I'm not sure when we'll wash them. That being said I'm sure you can wash them whenever you like. If it is a sunny summer day why not wash them and hang them out to dry so they're fresh and ready. We keep ours in a couple baskets in our LO's room. GL!  Oh and I love your cookie monster badge btw!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't really remember when we washed ours....it was sometime in the last few weeks of pg.

Our dresser with 3 drawers/1 cabinet became our diaper station. We put a changing pad on top and use the top drawer for diapers. The middle drawer was/is for extra inserts and covers, and the bottom drawer for changing pads and covers for the changing table pad. The cabinet stores extra wipes, bibs (when we used them daily), and baby care items (nail clippers, brush, comb).

Above the dresser we have a bar on the wall. Until he was about 9 months there was a toy hanging from the bar that kept him occupied and kept his hands out of the messy area. Also on the bar hang two basket organizers; one for wipes and the other for wipe solution, diaper rash cream, and a few other things like that.

Here is a pic so you can get an idea:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"