2nd Trimester
Options

3 under 3, yet a 3rd baby shower really???

And she is registered for stuff. What the hell do you need when you have everything from the previous two babies still.

Off to check the registery, fun!

Re: 3 under 3, yet a 3rd baby shower really???

• Options

What the?!?!

Is she throwing herself this shower???

Lilypie First Birthday tickersPhotobucket
  • Options

but but but every baby deserves to be celebrated. . .Okay, she can have a bbq and call it a day. I'm with you!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageNorcalLinds:

And she is registered for stuff. What the hell do you need when you have everything from the previous two babies still.

Ok, I'm curious. What is on that registry????

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemax1563:

What the?!?!

Is she throwing herself this shower???

This! 

Huh?

• Options
    AMossyAMossy member
    My SIL has had a large shower for all three as well -- very tacky in my opinion  I will not be following suit. . 
  • Options
    Gotta update us on what is on that registry!  Are all three the same sex?
  • Options
    PLEASE SHARE!
  • Options
    imagechach916:
    imageNorcalLinds:

ok it wasn't THAT bad. new sippy's, paci's, bottles, booster seat, infant car seat and full size car seat, bath toys, a wagon.

a friend is throwing it for her.

• Options

imageEstellankase:

so her first two are girls. the thrid is a surprise!

• Options

imageEstellankase:

That would be the icing on the cake!!!

• Options
    I'm with you, I wonder about people. I have a friend who just sent me a shower invite, it's her second baby in 2.5 yrs. All her registry is toddler things.. very, very few things for a baby. Apparently this shower is a disguise to get some new toddler accessories for her son and use her baby things for her baby..
  • Options
    imageNorcalLinds:
    imagechach916:
    imageNorcalLinds:

ok it wasn't THAT bad. new sippy's, paci's, bottles, booster seat, infant car seat and full size car seat, bath toys, a wagon.

That's pretty bad!

• Options
    imageNorcalLinds:
    imagechach916:
    imageNorcalLinds:

I'm facing 2u2 and I can't think of a single thing to register for, but her registry is not that bad. And perhaps she's just doing a registry b/c people told her to and/or so she can get the completion coupon. And if a friend is throwing it for her, then I guess you can't complain too much. I find the 'shower' title a little much, but as long as she isn't throwing it for herself or asking someone to throw it for her, I have no problem with a little get together to celebrate the new baby's imminent arrival.

ETA: And no, I won't be registering for this one nor will I be expecting any sort of shower. I just don't think a registry of less than 10 items can be knocked that much. OK, the infant seat is a bit much assuming her latest is probably out of theirs already. Maybe it took a lot of abuse between the 2 kids? I'm normally not a 'benefit of the doubt' kinda person with these situations, but for some reason I'm not put off by a small registry and a non-requested shower.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelzybeanie:

I am facing 2u2 and I can't think of a single thing to register for, but her registry is not that bad. And perhaps she's just doing a registry b/c people told her to and/or so she can get the completion coupon. And if a friend is throwing it for her, then I guess you can't complain too much. I find the 'shower' title a little much, but as long as she isn't throwing it for herself or asking someone to throw it for her, I have no problem with a little get together to celebrate the new baby's imminent arrival.

ETA: And no, I won't be registering for this one nor will I be expecting any sort of shower. I just don't think a registry of less than 10 items can be knocked that much. OK, the infant seat is a bit much assuming her latest is probably out of theirs already. Maybe it took a lot of abuse between the 2 kids? I'm normally not a 'benefit of the doubt' kinda person with these situations, but for some reason I'm not put off by a small registry and a non-requested shower.

I totally agree with you.  Things like pacis, and bottles (unless they are glass) are kind of yucky to use after a certain amount of time because they just get yucky...this is what every mum I know says. 

And the carseat will actually be needed, as her Child No. 2 is more than likely still in an infant seat. But at the same time, she may just want the completion coupon for something large like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I normally don't have a problem with a 2nd shower but 3 kids in 3 years and 3 showers?!?!?  A little much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There was a girl registering at the store when we were doing that too. I couldn't believe it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Babywearing, cloth diapering, formula and breastmilk feeding, still can't believe I'm a mom, momma to my little man, two furbabies, and two angel babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"