Birth Stories

Aaron's Birth Story

Sorry it took so long to post....

?how it all came to be   ?how it all came to be   SATURDAY APRIL 24, 2010 4:20am- My water broke 5:15am- We arrive at the Red Deer Regional Hospital and there they had told us that indeed my water had broke. Was hooked up to my IV. 6:30am- Moved all my belongings into ROOM 19 delivery room to where I will be until I gave birth. 10:00am - Doctor came to inform me that my family doctor was still on holidays and that he will take a look at me. 11:30am- My cervix is closed still and 0cm dilated 2:30pm- My IV ran out of antibiotics and we were searching for a nurse to come help ( it was a busy day in unit 25) 5:00pm - Doctor came to check again and told me that another doctor would be taking care of me. 5:45pm- Closed cervix still; 0cm dilated 7:30pm- Doctor informed me that tomorrow they will induced me at 8am with Oxytocin 9:30pm- Went to bed for the night SUNDAY APRIL 25, 2010 7:00am- Wake up from a horrible sleep, very uncomfortable 8:00am- Doctor comes in and induces me, ( wait time= 12 hrs) 8:00am to 11:45pm - Failed Induction, nurse says we can go home for the night. 2nd induction to be done in the morning. MONDAY APRIL 26, 2010 7:15am- Arrive back at the hospital for induction 8:30am- Greeted by different doc who then induces me with Oxytocin. 9:30am - CONTRACTIONS START; OXYTOCIN REMOVED 10am- On monitors for a couple of hours to see how far apart my contractions are. 12pm- Cervix is open and I am 3-4 cm dilated 6pm- Started on ?the drip?; cervix is paper thin 8:15pm- Cervix is completely open and I am 5cm dilated 8:45- Laughing Gas and Pain meds are given for the intense pain. Ask for an Epidural 9:00pm- EPIDURAL TIME J 9:40pm- Doc came and checked again; was 6-7cm dilated 10:15pm- LADIES AND GENTLEMEN? 10CM DILATED J 11:50pm- The pushing began?.. TUESDAY APRIL 27, 2010 12:24 am- AARON TIMOTHY JUHLIN WAS BORN WEIGHING 7lbs 7oz 19 ? inches long
Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyName Ticker

Re: Aaron's Birth Story

• Congrats!!

But I have to ask why were you allowed to go almost 3 days with a broken bag of waters?  Where I gave birth if you don't have the baby with 24 hours of water breaking you have to have a c-section due to risk of infection.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was on antibotics for those 3 days... because i was Strep B pos. and the doc said it gets dangerous at 72 hrs... i was pretty close at 68!!
    Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • wow I am really surprised my hospital is so strict about the 24 hour rule.  Which BTW I think my hospital is totally lame for having that rule ou are good example as to why the rules need to change.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTakYelgif:

Congrats!!

But I have to ask why were you allowed to go almost 3 days with a broken bag of waters?  Where I gave birth if you don't have the baby with 24 hours of water breaking you have to have a c-section due to risk of infection.

This. My doctors nor the hospital would let anyone go more then 24 hours after your water breaks. 

Congratulations! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"