2nd Trimester
Options

funny question but...

hoping someone knows what in the world I am talking about.  Saw a post where someone said they can see the "line" down the middle of their bump, what is it called?!  When does it appear normally and what is it?
I was married June 16, 2007 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: funny question but...

• Options

Linea nigra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linea_nigra

Mine just started to appear. Very faint so far, but it's there. (I have lurked on other boards and it doesn't just go away right after birth...sometimes it sticks around for a few months.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It is called the linea nigra (spelling may be off). I don't know when it appears though

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageOctoberBabyH:

Linea nigra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linea_nigra

Mine just started to appear. Very faint so far, but it's there. (I have lurked on other boards and it doesn't just go away right after birth...sometimes it sticks around for a few months.)

This.

I still have no sign of a line but my friend had her little one in January and she still has the line although it's lighter.

• Options
    according to WTEWE its called the linea nigra during pregnancy, and called linea alba when not pregnant. i guess its not noticeable when not pregnant and during pregnancy it becomes more noticeable, doesnt say what it is for. it does say you can tell if ur having a boy or girl- old wives tale.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Awesome, thanks ladies!  I was watching Two and a half men on television with DH and there was a prego on there with her tummy sticking out and her linea nigra was dark.  He didn't believe me what it was so now I have the info!  I knew it was from horomones but thats all I knew.

I was married June 16, 2007 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"