2nd Trimester
Options

weird things people say

so people say the darndest things to pregnant women. obviously i've gotten the "are you sure it isnt twins" and the "should you really be showing yet?" and the "youre HUGE". i got a new one today.

moron: do you know what youre having?
me: i find out in two weeks if baby cooperates
moron: do you want a boy or a girl
me: i dont have a preference
moron: really? that's weird. shouldn't you want one or the other.
me: i just want a healthy baby - doesn't matter to me if its a girl or a boy.

ummm... SHOULDN'T i have a preference? do i have to??? i honestly dont care. geez, he acted like i did something wrong lol.

men.

Re: weird things people say

• Options

You're right! Some people just don't get it and that's why we have the word Idiot in our vocabulary! LOL We just have to shake it off...  

I hope you have a successful ultrasound in the fact that baby is completely healthy but it would be fun if he/she cooperates and shows their goods :-) Have a great appt either way!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imagePrince Spaghetti Night imageXO My Funny Valentine XO
  • Options
    Some stranger asked me last week what I was having and I explained we are not gonna find out. Then they asked what are you hoping for. I smiled and replied with 10 fingers and 10 toes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband used to have this really "klassy" shirt that said "Your father should have pulled out early". People who say stupid things make me think of that shirt! he he!
  • Options

People always say the stupidest things! I got asked that a million times "what do you want?"  Ummmm, a healthy baby!!

My all time favorite question came from my manager "Was it planned or was it an accident?" Classic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am in the same boat as you! I could careless what gender God blesses me with.....I just pray it is a healthy baby as well!

of course i think about how it would be to have a boy or all the things i could do with my little girl but at the end of the day it really doesnt matter what it is.....Health comes first :)

• Options

imageNorcal_chick:
    My husband used to have this really "klassy" shirt that said "Your father should have pulled out early". People who say stupid things make me think of that shirt! he he!

Oh my! Surprise

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I remember my SIL saying last year that she would be dissapointed if she had a boy.  Part of me actually wished for the u/s tech to be wrong, and for her LO to be a boy.

And then when she found out we were Team Green, she accused us trying be better than her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageUnderAtree:
    Some stranger asked me last week what I was having and I explained we are not gonna find out. Then they asked what are you hoping for. I smiled and replied with 10 fingers and 10 toes.

Nice response! 

• Options
    imageTColeman:

My all time favorite question came from my manager "Was it planned or was it an accident?" Classic.

This question always creeps me out.  Why do people want to know this stuff?

• Options
    imagemonkiem:

I remember my SIL saying last year that she would be dissapointed if she had a boy.  Part of me actually wished for the u/s tech to be wrong, and for her LO to be a boy.

And then when she found out we were Team Green, she accused us trying be better than her.

What a ridiculous, crazy and selfish thing for her to say!

• Options
    acesupacesup member
    imageashleyatjewell:
    imagemonkiem:

What a ridiculous, crazy and selfish thing for her to say!

this.
  • Options

I also hate the "was it planned" question. I don't really see how that is anyone's business. Or, "You should have your baby on Sept 17th b/c that is my b-day, or on the 23rd b/c that's my cat's b-day!" (Seriously, someone said that to me.)

I had another person tell others that I got pregnant on my vacation to Ireland with my husband.  Why is that anyone's business? and why is an acquaintance telling other people? and it is not true, actually.

I have also had a number of horror stories about difficult births, c-sections, miscarriages, and still births. (Even from people I don't know, like baristas at Starbucks) I also had a barista at Starbucks shout through the store how big my boobs have become since I was pregnant. Umm...I don't know you and I don't think that is very appropriate. 

I had another person tell me about how he and his wife were having sex right before her water broke. I barely know this man.

I think my favorite was a friend of my husband, he has issues. When my husband told him we were having a baby, this guy listed all the pros and cons,mostly cons, of having a baby. He asked if it were planned, and told my husband that maybe "we should reconsider starting a family."

My husband and I are both healthy, in our early 30's and we were about 14 weeks along when we started telling people. 

My FIL also thinks that I don't want people touching my belly b/c I think they will "hurt the baby." Thanks FIL, I'm not an idiot. I just don't like people touching me.

• Options

I get annoyed when strangers tell me what I'm having.

Stranger: Damnnn girl you are biggg. It's a boy.

Me: Thank you, I know. Our doctor already told us, but thank you for your medical evaluation. Next time I'll come to you instead of going to my US.

(Ok I wasn't that rude, but I wanted to be!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"