Pennsylvania Babies

Family friendly beaches

I'm looking for some recs for family friendly beaches nearby. I've heard that the oil disaster may make its way to the OBX beaches in July so I may have to change my beach plans and was looking for something between PA and NC. Thanks!

Re: Family friendly beaches

• We go to Sandbridge which is just south of Virginia Beach.  There's all condo and home rentals there so there aren't very many people on the little peninsula/island that we stay on - it's only like three streets wide and maybe a mile or two long.  If you're going by yourself though, it could get pricey. I've never looked into renting one of the condos though.
  • we love seaside, nj! all the fun of the boardwalk in town, and island beach state park is a very short drive for quiet days on the beach. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We like Bethany Beach and Lewes Beach, both in Delaware. We go in September and stay at a condo in Bethany - we like the security of having an indoor pool because of going in early September! But that's a great time for the beach, no crowds and great weather!
  • EMTXEMTX member
    I love Stone Harbor and Avalon, NJ.

Went every Summer growing up. Fairly expensive, though, and it might be hard to book something now.

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ocean City, NJ or Lewes/Rehoboth/Bethany, DE (all the DE beaches are family friendly with the exception of Dewey...it's more of a college/senior week type place).  We do OC, NJ every summer; going in about a week and a half actually lol.  We always rent a beach house, but there are some smaller condos for rent - not really any hotels though.  Nice boardwalk, beach is nice (but you do have to pay for beach tags to actually be on the beach - it's a minimal fee from what I remember).  The town is dry so you don't have to worry about any crazy drunks, but you can purchase alcohol just outside the town and bring it in if you so choose.

Rehoboth Beach has a great boardwalk and is close enough to Lewes and Bethany that you can stay in either of them and still be able to enjoy the boardwalk every night if you want.  Beaches in Lewes and Bethany will be a little quieter than Rehoboth since Rehoboth is more of the touristy beach.  Outlets in Rehoboth are also a plus :)  

• I'm also really worried about this oil spill (although yes, my vacation plans are minor compared to the effect on our environment!) We have a house rented in the OBX in the beginning of August, and I'm fearing that we're going to have a week at the beach with no beach. We already asked if the travel insurance/renter insurance covers a cancellation due to this, and they said no - since this was a man-made disaster vs. natural. :(

Ugh... so I guess we are headed down regardless since there is no way we're going to take a complete loss on the house. Hope you can reschedule your plans! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"