Houston Babies

Diaper coupon dilemma

I was at Target, and I had a coupon for the Little Movers, but they are so much more expensive than just the Snug & Dry.  Even with the $3 coupon, they were more expensive (per diaper) than the regular priced S&D.  (you only get 64 size 4s with LM and you get 82 size 4s with S&D).  I calculated it out, and I would have to have LM coupons for over $4.35 to even meet the regular price of the S&D (and I did have a coupon for S&D).  I just couldn't justify using the LM coupon since I could get the same (IMO) diapers for cheaper regular price (per diaper).  Am I missing some wonderful difference of the LM? The S&D seem to work just fine (although, I usually send the Huggies to DC - we prefer Pampers at home).

When using coupons, do you calculate just your savings, or savings per diaper?  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.  I know you can use 1 manu and 1 target coupon - so I guess I could get over $4.35, but when I have coupons for S&D, I can still get a better deal with S&D.

Re: Diaper coupon dilemma

• I try to get the best deal per diaper.  I don't usually have a huge problem getting good deals b/c there are always pampers coupons!
    ~*~Jenn~*~
  • I'm not much help on the coupon front because I don't pay too much attention other than just using my coupon...sorry!  (I really should take notes from all of you couponers though because y'all get some awesome deals.)

I like the LM better than the S&D.  I was buying the S&D until I started noticing that when DS was wet they were "sticking" to him when I changed his diaper.  It's hard to explain but when I would peel his diaper back it would stick to his skin if it was wet (which it was most of the time).  I stopped buying the S&D and went with LM and have never had the same problem.  I even tried several packs of S&D to see if maybe one was defective and every pack was the same.  The sticking wasn't that bad but it bothered me and made me wonder why they were doing that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • mom2llmom2ll member

The Little Mover's coupons usually will work on the Sung and Dry.  I always get S and D..  they are cheaper per diaper....  However, the CVS deal with Little Movers and I really didn't care.  $1.49 for 40 diapers was the deal of the century!

• Per diaper.  I have no idea why but I tend to like the LM more than the S&D.  In the beginning, only the LS had the poop pocket.  They don't anymore, but I still find myself reaching for the LM.  (we're in the 3's).

However, I do the math and if the savings is more than 2-3 cents per diaper I'll go with the cheaper ones.  I mean...I couldn't tell you the difference in them now that DS is in the 3's.

• imagebpaullo:

The Little Mover's coupons usually will work on the Sung and Dry.  I always get S and D..  they are cheaper per diaper....  However, the CVS deal with Little Movers and I really didn't care.  $1.49 for 40 diapers was the deal of the century!

I know!  I was bummed that our CVS didn't have the Megas in size 4. 

I ended up using the coupons on the Jumbo packs, and it was worth it.  I kept looking at the large box packs, and it wasn't as beneficial there.  They mark up the smaller packs so much, sometimes it just depends.

I have tried some different coupons with different diapers, and it wouldn't ring up (it was a Cruisers coupon and I was buying Baby Dry).  I could have made a stink about it b/c the only thing Cruiser was the picture, but I didn't have time.

• Per diaper is the way to calculate it. And I think the cheapest way is using diapers.con + coupons + bing cash discount

Here's how it works: 

1. Send your coupons to diapers.com. Here's how

https://www.diapers.com/HelpCenter/Coupons.aspx

2.Sign up for bing cashback. Log-in to your bing cashback account and look for diapers.com. Diapers.com gives you 10% cashback on diapers

3. Purchase the diapers that you want. Buy $49.00 of more too get free shipping. 

Here's what you save:

No sales taxes + 10% cashback through bing + Whatever manufacturers coupons you use. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• **newinhouston**

Thanks for the post--great idea!

• imagenewinhouston:

Per diaper is the way to calculate it. And I think the cheapest way is using diapers.con + coupons + bing cash discount

Here's how it works: 

1. Send your coupons to diapers.com. Here's how

https://www.diapers.com/HelpCenter/Coupons.aspx

2.Sign up for bing cashback. Log-in to your bing cashback account and look for diapers.com. Diapers.com gives you 10% cashback on diapers

3. Purchase the diapers that you want. Buy $49.00 of more too get free shipping. 

Here's what you save:

No sales taxes + 10% cashback through bing + Whatever manufacturers coupons you use. 

Bing Cash Back ends in July.  Best deals on the market was through them.  I've saved (gotten back) hundreds.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"