2nd Trimester
Options

New to 2nd Tri! weight question

I'm 14 weeks today and have only gained 2 or 3  pounds.  I'm a pretty small person, so I thought I'd have a least a little bump by this point.  I'm sure I'll regret wanting to show in a few months, but for now, is  anyone else not gaining much weight?

Re: New to 2nd Tri! weight question

• Options
    I only gained 2 lbs so far (well that was at 20wks so maybe its more by now) but don't worry you tend to start gaining more towards the middle point of your pregnancy. It felt like over night my bump got huge and my appetite increased.
  • Options

Welcome to 2nd tri- we hate weight questions. It's normal. Read a book.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LMK613LMK613 member
    i was still suffer with m/s at 14 weeks...and didn't start gaining (i actually lost) until 16 or so...everyone gains at different times...and if this is your first pregnancy, you probably won't show for awhile...14 weeks is still really early.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If your OB isn't worried, you shouldn't be. That's completely normal for some.

This is my siggy. Love it.

• Options
    I'm 16 weeks and I have only gained about 1 pound. My belly has popped out now, and I guess the weight is just concentrated right in my belly. Don't worry too much if you haven't gained, unless you were underweight to begin with. As always, talk to your doc...she/he may be able to give you good suggestions for gaining if you need to.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs.Johns:

i think i love you.  

• Options
    DLD102DLD102 member
    imageMrs.Johns:

LOL!  Thank you!!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby #3! BFP 10/20/12 EDD 6/27/13
  • Options

I'm almost at 14 weeks, and I've gained like 4lbs. My doc says it's fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMrs.Johns:

LOL Thanks for making me laugh first thing this morning!

• Options
    imageMrs.Johns:

Was waiting for this response... :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrs.Johns:

hehehehe...this is amazing

• Options
    imageMrs.Johns:

*stands up and applauds*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrs.Johns:

I strongly recommend not reading or commenting on posts including the words "weight question" in the post title. Just a thought.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    I am at 23 weeks and havent gained any weight either, doc says baby is growing fine. I think the norm is about 5 lbs or so by week 20, so wouldnt really worry about it unless your doc says something too.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    imageMrs.Johns:

This. I haven't gained any weight while being pregnant. It doesn't mean the baby isn't growing. More weight does not equal a baby bump.

• Options
    Ouch, my e-feelings.  Sorry, I was just looking for some other posters experiences.  I'll go back to lurking now.
  • Options
    imageKitiara0364:
    imageMrs.Johns:

I strongly recommend not reading or commenting on posts including the words "weight question" in the post title. Just a thought.

And yet... you are here? No?

I strongly recommend MYOB.

• Options
    I'm average sized, and didn't gain weight until my 3rd trimester the first time around. If it gets to a certain point (past 25 weeks) with no gain, your dr will probably order an ultrasound, but you're really far away from that point. 14 weeks is still really early. It's normal to not have a bump at 14 weeks during your first pregnancy. Don't worry about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    are you kidding me? this is so rude and un-called for. I thought this was a forum to support each other, not berate each other. obviously this woman has a legitimate concern. if you don't like it, then you shouldn't read it.
  • Options
    imagerochella:

No, it's not normal.  Your arms will rot off and your baby will be born anorexic.  Congrats on making other people feel like fatasses!

(fyi - I haven't gained a lot of weight either.  But I have this thing called a doctor and google, and the combination is like, whoa) 

Ok, so "OMG I have a bump at 6 weeks!!"  is acceptable.

"Argh, I wish I had SOMETHING going on" is not.

Got it.  Thanks for clarification.

• Options

imageour little peanut:
    are you kidding me? this is so rude and un-called for. I thought this was a forum to support each other, not berate each other. obviously this woman has a legitimate concern. if you don't like it, then you shouldn't read it.

Good grief. Here we go again.

• Options
    imageMrs.Johns:

imageour little peanut:

For a topic everyone hates, this post sure is getting a lot of traffic.

• Options
    imageSteeplechaser:
    imageMrs.Johns:

imageour little peanut:

That's because it usually causes a huge fight. Everyone is watching and waiting for someone to go off the deep end.

• Options
    imageMrs.Johns:
    imageSteeplechaser:
    imageMrs.Johns:

imageour little peanut:

That's because it usually causes a huge fight. Everyone is watching and waiting for someone to go off the deep end.

Wait for it....wait for it.... Wink

• Options

imageMrs.Bones:

EFF ALL YOU FAT WHORES!!!!!! MY BABEE MAKES ME GAIN WAIT BECUZ I EET ALOTT. SHUT YOUR FACE. YOU DON"T KNOW ME. I FEEL SORREE FOR UR BABEE AND HUSBANDS.

LMAO At Babee. LOLOL You kill me!

• Options

Whatever, I wasn't concerned or looking for support. After all the "I gotmaternity pants" posts I saw in first tri from people 10wks along, I wanted to know if there was anyone else was still just their regular-sized selves.

This is almost onto the second page of posts, so I'm guessing we can all move on soon.

• Options

Whatever, I wasn't concerned or looking for support. After all the "I got maternity pants" posts I saw in first tri from people 10wks along, I wanted to know if there was anyone else was still just their regular-sized selves.

This is almost onto the second page of posts, so I'm guessing we can all move on soon.

ETA: Awesome, a double post.  Add it to my list of transgressions.

• Options
    imageSteeplechaser:

I wanted to know if there was anyone else was still just their regular-sized selves.

Not me!  I don't have much of a bump, but I've developed a pair of epic love handles. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrs.Bones:
    imagegemrae1225:
    imageMrs.Johns:
    imageSteeplechaser:
    imageMrs.Johns:

imageour little peanut:

Wait for it....wait for it.... Wink

EFF ALL YOU FAT WHORES!!!!!! MY BABEE MAKES ME GAIN WAIT BECUZ I EET ALOTT. SHUT YOUR FACE. YOU DON"T KNOW ME. I FEEL SORREE FOR UR BABEE AND HUSBANDS.

Classic!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"