Attachment Parenting

Buckling the Ergo

I know this has been asked before, but craptastic search function and all that...

I wear DS on my front around the house now and then - mainly at dinner time because he wants to be held a lot in the evening and it saves my arms.  But I always have to get DH to fasten the back buckle (the one that sits between my shoulder blades) for me.  What are some tricks you use to get it yourself?  I can reach both sides but putting them together seems nearly impossible.

Thanks! It seems counter intuitive that I can get him on my back all by myself, but the front has me stymied.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Buckling the Ergo

• try loosening up the shoulder straps first.  Once you have buckled the back strap, tighten the shoulder straps.  HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try buckling the back buckle and unbuckling the side buckles (the ones that attach the shoulder straps to the body of the carrier).  Let it all hang down from your waist (it should sort of look like an "H"), put your baby in and flip the body up and flip the back strap behind your head (you might have to sort of tuck your head underneath it).  Then reach behind and buckle the side buckles.  I hope that made sense.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you to both of you - both ideas make sense!  I knew there had to be an easier way.  I'll give them both a try and see which works best for me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageTabithaGoins:
    try loosening up the shoulder straps first.  Once you have buckled the back strap, tighten the shoulder straps.  HTH

This is what I do.

• I just keep the back strap high enough that I can reach behind my head and get it.  Works for us :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I'm by myself, I make sure all the carrier's buckles, except the waist strap, are buckled up to each other.

I loosen all the straps, put it on (over my head) then snap the waist.  

Put baby in, tighten.

Good to go!

The Girl is 5. The Boy is 2. The Dog is 1.

imageimage

I am the 99%.
  • QuazelQuazel member

I find I can reach both sides with my right arm.  I lift DS with my left hand, grab the left rear buckle with my right hand, let DS go, transfer left buckle to left hand, use right hand to grab right side and clip.  I hope that made sense!

From the start, I do the waist, pick DS up, pull body of Ergo around him, put each shoulder on then what I have above.

I would try watching yourself in the mirror, if you can.  That might help you see where you need to be grabbing.  GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"