2nd Trimester
Options

WWYD? I need thoughts/suggestions!

So, my big u/s is next Monday! We are finding out the sex of Baby # 2. However, DH is working on his Masters and will be on campus an hour and a half away that day. My Mom is going with me. The appointment could not be changed because of the tech's 2 week vacation.

My appointment is at 8 am and DH won't be getting home until 6 or 7 pm.I have thought about having the tech write the sex of our baby on a piece of paper and putting it in an envelope so we can both open it and know together. Or putting together a gift bag of sorts with appropriate colored sleepers, an outfit..etc.

I am just not sure I could make myself wait all day to know, especially if the answer is in the envelope!!

Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions?   TIA!!

Re: WWYD? I need thoughts/suggestions!

• Options
    JDOJDO member
    I'd ask your DH how he feels about it. If he'd like to find out together I'd do the envelope thing. If he doesn't care if you find out first, go with the gift bag. It would be a lot of fun for you and your mom to have a little shopping trip after the u/s anyway, so that would be a good excuse to buy some things.
  • Options
    imageJDO:
    I'd ask your DH how he feels about it. If he'd like to find out together I'd do the envelope thing. If he doesn't care if you find out first, go with the gift bag. It would be a lot of fun for you and your mom to have a little shopping trip after the u/s anyway, so that would be a good excuse to buy some things.
    Yes
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, I agree.  If DH doesn't care than it's not an issue, just find out and  you can surprise him!
  • Options
    Can he be on the phone while you're at the appointment?  Then he could hear it at the same time as you at least
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's a great idea! If it was me, I would want to find out the same time that my DH would find out. I'm sure having them write it on a piece of paper for you would work great!
    image image

• Options
    cadencaden member
    I had the tech write down the sexes and put them in an envelope. It was hard to wait that day, but it built suspense so it made it even more exciting IMO. I agree with the p.p.'s though to see what your DH wants.
  • Options
    smerkasmerka member
    I'd wait and find out together (the phone idea sounds great).  If that doesn't work and you don't think you'll be able to wait, give the envelope to your mom.
  • Options

imagecaden:
    I had the tech write down the sexes and put them in an envelope. It was hard to wait that day, but it built suspense so it made it even more exciting IMO. I agree with the p.p.'s though to see what your DH wants.

This.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options

THANK YOU ALL!

I did talk to him and said he didn't care...in the beginning. I asked him again today and told him it was important to me to know what he wanted!

We will be doing the envelope!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"