South Florida Babies

Origins Face Wash

Has anyone, or does anyone, use this skin care line while pregnant?  I've been using it for a while now but am thinking it might not be safe.  Can you recommend what you used while pregnant?  TIA!  

Re: Origins Face Wash

• it's all i used before, during and after pregnancy :)  it's perfectly safe!
  • I hjave never heard og a facial wash being "not safe" while pregnant unless you eat it too. in that case, that probably isn't safe wether you are pregnant or not ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • are you concerned because there's a line that contains green tea?  if so, it's still safe :)
  • imageVandRicky:
    I hjave never heard og a facial wash being "not safe" while pregnant unless you eat it too. in that case, that probably isn't safe wether you are pregnant or not ;)

v- there are acne washes that are unsafe during pregnancy.  anything that contains salicylic acid, i believe.

• I stopped using my face washes and creams during my first tri and switched to a very mild cleanser, but I did some research and most of the OTC stuff is safe.  I started using them again during my second tri b/c the breakouts hadn't cleared up.   The Aveeno face wash I use has 0.5% salicylic acid and the Neutrogena cream has 2.5% benzoyl peroxide.  I asked my OB about them and he said it was fine.  I was mostly concerned about the salicylic acid, but there's not enough in the product for it to pass through to the baby.  I just started using them a couple of weeks ago and my skin is back to normal.  I'm not sure what is in the Origins products that would make it unsafe.  But, if it's a certain chemical in it, there's probably not enough of it to harm the baby.

• I've just been using Cetaphil, but my doctor did say a face wash with salicylic acid of up to 1% is safe, especially considering it's washed right off. He did say not to use any treatment, creams, etc. with salicylic acid (or anything else for that matter) that would be left on my skin.

My doctor hasn't said anything about benzoyl peroxide, but I think I remember reading that it's safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"