1st Trimester
Options

poas with dollar tree test at 11 dpo- would you?

It would be tomorrow with fmu. Anyone have an opinion about this? Do you think its too early since its a cheap test? I don't feel like bucking up for an early first response only to be disappointed...

Re: poas with dollar tree test at 11 dpo- would you?

• Options
    I would, but I am a poas-aholic
    image     image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

image    image

• Options
    I would too.  I wish I would've used my FRER at 10 dpo, it probably would have shown a definitive line. Good luck!!
    My Little
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did but it was negative so I kind of figured I wasn't ku.... Then I tested a week later and ta-da!
  • Options

I tested early, but tell others not to Smile

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    No, I would POAS with a FRER. In my experience, cheap-o tests didnt work until 14+ DPO. Whereas my FRER was positive at 10 DPO.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Those are the only ones I ever use :)
  • Options
    Just depends if you can't wait or not! They're only a buck so it's not like it's a huge financial burden, but it may come up negative and then you'll be bummed until you test later in the cycle and it's (hopefully positive).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagemchupie:

Me too, mchupie! Lol! Let's put it this way: yesterday I was at 10dpo. My FRER had a line. So did an internet cheapie. A line's a line. And it's only a dollar anyways...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I got a really really faint positive at 10DPO with FMU on an internet cheapie.  I tested that night on a FRER and got a positive.  So...I would do it. lol.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The key is the amount of HCG the test requires for a +, not the brand or price. Dollar Tree ones are more sensitive than some of the pricey ones I've seen. I can never remember the unit, but Dollar Tree ones sense either 20 or 25 of it. Some digitals go as low as 15, but others are at 50. Many normal sticks are 25-50.
  • Options
    I would! I tested positive with my first 2 very early. (8 and 9 dpo) With this baby I tested when my period was late because we weren't trying...But typically, I like to know early:) GL!
  • Options

imagejuliane2004:
    No, I would POAS with a FRER. In my experience, cheap-o tests didnt work until 14+ DPO. Whereas my FRER was positive at 10 DPO.

This was my experience. At 11dpo I got a very clear positive on a FRER. I used an internet cheapie to compare and could barely see it. It would have been more stressful for me wondering if I was actually seeing a positive with that I think. But I really thought I was pregnant so I felt fine using a more expensive test. 

• Options
    I took a cheapie @ 9dpo, and the line was so so so barely there, I took a FRER to see and it was a good bit darker- definitely clearer. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I got a BFP with a DOllar Store test at 10dpo!
  • Options
    I did at dpo in the afternoon and got a very fait BFP.  I tested again the next day and the line was darker. 
  • Options
    My first month trying I start peeing really early, but it was negative.  The second month I waited until 2 days before I expected my period and it was a very dark line.  The test line on the FRER was way darker than the control.  I probably could have tested a lot earlier.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    RHitchRHitch member
    I found out I was pregnant with DD at 10 DPO on a dollar tree test.  I found out I was pregnant this time at 14 DPO with a dollar tree test.  I say go for it.

• Options
    MSC03MSC03 member
    With both pregnancies I got a +$tree test at 9DPO. Not saying everyone has that success rate, but I think it shows those tests are accurate.
    imageimage
  • Options

I am the most patient person ever, so no. I didn't POAS until 15dpo with DS.

If you're not patient, dollar tree tests are really sensitive. Read up on them at POAS.com.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Cheapness has nothing to do with it.  Like PP said it's the amount of hCG that it can pick up.  Which a $tree test can normally pick up a small amount of hCG.  Anyways, I tested both times 11DPO and BFN and 12 DPO BFP!  Faint lines but there that was with FMU, then went that night bought CBE Digital and tested at night PREGNANT popped up right away.  

• Options
    I got a very faint line at 8dpo with an Internet cheapie. I wouldn't recommend testing THAT early ;)  but at 10dpo you may get something...but you may not, so as long as you're prepared for that, I say do it!
  • Options
    imagemchupie:

Hee, me too.  

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards