Attachment Parenting

Moby Wrap Questions

My DD is about 2 months old and doesn't like the cradle hold or newborn hug hold anymore.  She gets fussy when I try to put her in those positions now.  She seems to really like the regular hug hold.  I know she is too young for this, but I support her head while she's in it.  Are any of you aware of any other reasons the hug hold might not be appropriate for children under 3 months besiseds the lack of head control?  Also, I only wear this around the house becasuse it seems too difficult to use while we're out and about.  What do you recommend for easy BWing in public?  Thanks!

Re: Moby Wrap Questions

• BFab11BFab11 member

With my Moby I tie it on at home and put LO in it whenever we get to our destination so I'm not tying and stuff while we're out and about.

As far as the holds, my LO is still young so I don't have advice. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If by regular hug hold you mean with legs out - totally fine to do.  You can also use the cross piece to support her head (although she might not like it unless she's asleep) - just make sure her face is always clear.

I'm a wrapper all the time so maybe no help on your second question.  The link in my siggy has a summary of all the other options out there if you are interested.

• Loading the player...
  • We did regular hug hold, facing in, from the beginning. When she was that young she always slept and we supported her head with the cross strap. If she was awake I held it, because she didn't like to be pressed against me if she was up. As far as out and about, I always put the Moby on before we left so I didn't drag it in the parking lot, etc. Then I could just take her out of the carseat, put her in, and adjust! The more you do it, the easier it will seem, trust me :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepenguinem:
    We did regular hug hold, facing in, from the beginning. When she was that young she always slept and we supported her head with the cross strap. If she was awake I held it, because she didn't like to be pressed against me if she was up. As far as out and about, I always put the Moby on before we left so I didn't drag it in the parking lot, etc. Then I could just take her out of the carseat, put her in, and adjust! The more you do it, the easier it will seem, trust me :)

this. I used to think you had to redo it each time you went out but figured out you could tie it on, then leave the house. It has worked great for me for 2 months. GL. Also I started the regular hugh hold at 2 months. it should be fine. :) 

• imagepenguinem:
    We did regular hug hold, facing in, from the beginning. When she was that young she always slept and we supported her head with the cross strap. If she was awake I held it, because she didn't like to be pressed against me if she was up. As far as out and about, I always put the Moby on before we left so I didn't drag it in the parking lot, etc. Then I could just take her out of the carseat, put her in, and adjust! The more you do it, the easier it will seem, trust me :)

This exactly. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks so much for your advice!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"