2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone have Peg Perego Primo Viaggio infant seat?

I'm getting a little lazy with my research these days. I think I want this car seat but the closest store that carries them is 2 hours from me. I don't really want to drive four hours just to look at one (since I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering it off the internet due to the limited stock of pattern choices at local retailers). I'd rather just ask someone that already has one.

What do you like/dislike about yours? I'm not the kind of person to carry a baby around in the carrier, is it easy to take the baby in and out while it's on its base in the back seat? Did you order an extra base for your husband's car? Anything you'd like to add?

Thanks in advance.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have Peg Perego Primo Viaggio infant seat?

• Options
    LCB34LCB34 member

We have it and I love it but, I obviously haven't used it with my own child yet.  My sister used it for both of her boys and I loved it when I would keep them.  It takes a few times to get comfortable getting the baby in/out - but I think that is the case with any infant seat.  To me, all carriers are just awkward to get in/out of the car.

The biggest pro for me is that the Peg is the only infant carrier that anchors into the base at four points.  So, if you are in an accident, the baby is locked in at four points versus the normal two.

It is a heavy seat (I think 10-11 pounds without baby) but, I will either be snapping it right into the carseat or my husband will be with me to carry it.  Weight was just not an issue for me.

We have an extra base for my DHs car which I think will work out great!

• Options
    imageLCB34:

We have it and I love it but, I obviously haven't used it with my own child yet.  My sister used it for both of her boys and I loved it when I would keep them.  It takes a few times to get comfortable getting the baby in/out - but I think that is the case with any infant seat.  To me, all carriers are just awkward to get in/out of the car.

The biggest pro for me is that the Peg is the only infant carrier that anchors into the base at four points.  So, if you are in an accident, the baby is locked in at four points versus the normal two.

It is a heavy seat (I think 10-11 pounds without baby) but, I will either be snapping it right into the carseat or my husband will be with me to carry it.  Weight was just not an issue for me.

We have an extra base for my DHs car which I think will work out great!

This is what interested me the most. I think I'm just going to go ahead and order it (+ the extra base) without seeing it in person. The only con I've heard is that it's heavy/bulky, but weight doesn't bother me either. My stroller is supposedly heavy too. I figure that will just help keep my arms looking great :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used this seat with my ds and will use it again with my new LO. It is a great seat. I ordered and extra base, but never needed it..it will depend on your situation though. The seat is heavier than some, but it also very safe. One thing I would recommend...if you want a stroller for the carseat, skip th travel system and go with the Peg Aria. The carseat fits directly into the stroller and is sustantially lighter and easier to stear then the travel system strollr. Plus you can use it much longer than the travel system. We are still using our Aria with my 2yo. We are upgrading this time around to a double.
  • Options

After doing a ton of research - my husband and I saw this peg perego and fell in love - we are expecting ours in the mail in a day or two so I havent used it yet, but the thing that I like about it - is it snaps in the base like a regular car seat so I find it to be more stable.

• Options
    I liked this seat, too, and considered it as well. Honestly, when I played with them at the store, they seemed to be the same weight as all the others (graco, britax infant seats...). I also liked that it was made in Italy.
  • Options
    LTMannLTMann member
    I just received this car seat in the mail and I love it!  I also got the peg pliko switch stroller, both in the kiwi color.  I can't wait to use them with my baby and I am very happy with my purchase.  I ordered both from albeebaby.com with the "15OFF" coupon code plus free shipping and no tax!  It came in the mail exactly a week from the day I ordered it.
  • Options
    Love mine, used it for both my boys!
  • Options
    We registered for this one, too.  We fell in love with it!  We did get an extra base for it.  The straps are great, because they adjust from the back by simply pushing up or down.  The salesman said it's also the only one that "officially" fits into carts.  Not sure what that means, because I've seen many mommies put their car seats into carts, but it was a plus for us.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"